Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,500 Views)

HP Compaq 6710b won't turn on

My HP Compaq 6710b will not turn on. When I press the on button the light on the button glows green, as it would when I turn it on. The light on the bottom left corner also glows green, as per usual. However, the screen remains blank and after about five seconds both lights go off. When I have the battery charger in the battery charging light turns on.

I have two of these laptops and I put the battery of the broken laptop into the working one and it worked fine, and would charge. I then put the battery from the working laptop into the broken laptop, however it didn't work and exactly the same thing happened as when I use the original battery.

I can't think of anything that could have caused this except that it happened on a camping holiday, where I took my laptop. I was thinking it might have got too hot and something may have been damaged? I used it for the first few days just going on itunes to charge my iPod and freecell. hearts etc. I didn't go on the internet at all.

Any help would be greatley appreciated!

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,482 Views)

Re: HP Compaq 6710b won't turn on

Would just like to add that when I do press the on button, and the two green lights come on, the battery light to the right side of the 'on' light at the bottom left hand side of the laptop flashes orange. A bit confusing, but hopefully this may help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation