Question

Honor Student
Brightwim
Message 1 of 4 (7,768 Views)

HP DMI utility tool use?!

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, I am using Pavilion DV4 1102TU. Recently, I have had a trouble with my laptop and I took my laptop to warranty. however when I got it back, I saw a problem on the startup BIOS. It seems to like this:

Product information not valid

Product name

Product serial

And I was very anxious,  and don't know how to resolve it. I've read some forum and found that HP DMI tool can help me but I don't know how to use it. I hope some experts of you can help me. I will be grateful. 

I am in Viet Nam and have no technician to ask.   If you can help me, please send email to me. [text removed for privacy]

Honor Student
valeri_123
Message 2 of 4 (6,720 Views)

Re: HP DMI utility tool use?!

i have some problem. After change my motherboard serial and product number are 1234567....

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 4 (6,716 Views)

Hi:

There is no HP notebook BIOS DMI tool for public download and use.

You will need to have an HP technician "tatoo" your BIOS with the model # and serial number.

I don't know why they don't do this when they replace motherboards as no one else can. It should be made part of their standard operating procedure.

Paul

Honor Student
valeri_123
Message 4 of 4 (6,698 Views)

mmhmmm ok. i will ask him next time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation