Question

Tutor
wamiq_saifi
Message 1 of 2 (153 Views)

HP DV6-2170ee keyboard keys not working

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I have HP DV6-2170ee notebook PC. The 'insert', 'delete', 'home', 'end', 'pgup', 'pgdn' and the 'left/right arrow keys' are not working. Sometimes they work once or twice if I tap them a lot. What could the problem be.
PS : I mostly use external keyboard and I don't use my laptop's keyboard a lot, except when I travel and I don't travel a lot.

Thanks,
Wamiq

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: HP DV6-2170ee keyboard keys not working

Hello wamiq_saifi,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I understand you are having some issues with your keyboard buttons not responding.

I would suggest following this document from start to finish: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7). It will walk you through common fixes for this kind of issue.

It would help to know which operating system you are using. To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

I look forward to your reply!

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation