Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have dv6 32310us  that will not boot up. It  boots to a flashing caps lock key and wifi key soild onrange and  power button has solid whit light.  No other lights on the key board area. No beeps just cd spin sound at first then selince.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jersey-M,

The system board is the motherboard in a notebook.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Jersey-M

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that your Caps Lock light is blinking. This usually means that you are having a hardware issue.  It should be blinking in a pattern. This Computer Does Not Turn On and LEDs Blink will help indicate what is failing.  In that link there are two blink codes that indicate a problem with the BIOS. If you get either of those try Restoring the BIOS. If that doesn't work or you get one of the other blink codes then I recommend you call HP. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here if you live outside of North America.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Does the WiFi light mean anything. Every post just seems to make reference to the cap lock light only.
If the caps lock light is the only light the counts I have a failed CPU.
HP Recommended
Update for others. I just ignored the wifi light. So blink code points to CPU. Ordered one swamped it out. Booted up got splash screen then to boot choice screen. With does failed to boot. Choose boot option, choose boot normally then screen went black waited. Forced restart rebooted back to caps lock flashing same code CPU.
I feel there is a problem with mother board causing the CPU to fail a second time. At this stage it wurth putting a new motherboard in or just selling this thing for parts.
HP Recommended

Hi Jersey-M,

It could be the motherboard or system board if you got the same CPU code. I would suggest either contacting HP for a repair or taking it to a local technician.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
What's the system board? Where is it?
HP Recommended

Hi Jersey-M,

The system board is the motherboard in a notebook.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Good to know.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.