Question

Honor Student
wilykit
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)

HP DV7 6135 bottom cover and battery won't stay in

For the past few months, when I picked up my laptop, sometimes the battery and/or the panel popped off. It was annoying and I even made sure the slider was in proper position but I noticed that the battery would pop out with just a gentle touch.  It gets really annoying when the battery pops out unexpectedly while I was just moving such as to change position on a chair or to walk to use the restroom.  Once the 12-cells pack missed my toe and left a half-inch deep dent in the wood floor, battery has never worked since and had to be replaced, thanks HP!

Today the bottom panel has popped out yet again and this time a few little black pieces came down with it, and the panel won't stay in anymore. Looking under bright flash light, it seems the plastic slider that normally locked or released both the battery and the panel has several broken pegs and cracks.  Looking in Google, it seems to be a common problem with 6000 series DV7?  Is there anything I can do short of buying an used 6000 series cheap off eBay and swapping the bottom shell?  Gluing the panel is one option but not the battery as I switch between 2 if I'm away from power source a long time.

Replacing it outright with a non-HP brand laptop is also an option but it gets costly when one factors in getting a new battery or 2 for long power on time in the field. Batteries are generally not cross-brand compatible (ie HP battery won't work in Dell model)

Retired
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: HP DV7 6135 bottom cover and battery won't stay in

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation