Question

Top Student
zeek121
Message 1 of 5 (229 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DV7-7240us fingerprint reader problem

Windows 8.1 recognizes the fingerprint reader but if I try signing in it says an error occurred preventing the use of your fingerprint credentials. I have all the latest updates for the BIOS, the fingerprint driver, and HP simplepass. HP simplepass closes after I scan my fingerprint. What do I do????

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 5 (207 Views)

Re: HP DV7-7240us fingerprint reader problem

Hi zeek121, welcome to the HP Forums. I have included the general purpose troubleshooting on the topic here:  Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8).

If that doesn't help, you can try to restore the original SImplepass software using this method: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8).

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
zeek121
Message 3 of 5 (203 Views)

I actually solved it by uninstalling both the driver and the software and restarting the computer. Then, I reinstalled the driver and it worked!
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 5 (199 Views)

I am glad to hear it zeek121. I think you gave your post the 'Accept As Solution'. In the future try to give the post that had the steps to resolve your issue the 'Accept As Solution' so that others in the community can find it easily.

Have a great day.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
zeek121
Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)

ok
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation