Question

Top Student
flaminice
Message 1 of 5 (11,783 Views)

HP DV7 BIOS

I had ramdom freezing problems on my dv7 1040et, it was a motherboard problem, now its perfect except for the fact that when i boot up it says no serial number found, how can i resolve this problem as i stay in russia and there is no official hp service centre only authorised dealers.

the other problem i have is my bios is F.28, i cnt find any update for this or seem to find any dv7 motherboard with this bios, system board is 30F4.99.A4, for the previous motherboard the system bios update was F. 2C, will this update work with the new motherboard?

any comments or ideas are most welcome...

specs .intel core 2 duo 2.23 ghz

320g hitachi hardrive

320g seagate

nvidia 512mb graphics

bd rom

Intern
Ron6962
Message 2 of 5 (9,988 Views)

Re: HP DV7 BIOS

I have the same problem....did you ever get any help?

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 3 of 5 (9,978 Views)

Is this the problem you are facing? You can update your BIOS from HP website. Please give the product/model number of your DV7 laptop so that you can get latest bios update for your laptop. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Intern
Ron6962
Message 4 of 5 (9,909 Views)

karmat_hp............again, thanks for your response.  This article looks like just what I need.  Unfortunately, the reference to "contact customer service" has led me to various dead ends.  I can find no HP source to address the problem.  I did download and reinstall the BIOS, although the version was current....in hopes that might give me an option to correct the blank serial number....but it just re-flashed what was already there.  so...I'm still looking for a solution.  Thanks.

Intern
Ron6962
Message 5 of 5 (9,903 Views)

Well, here's the latest, and perhaps the final, post on this issue.  I finally was able to get to a HP Call Support site and explain my problem.  After 30 minutes of translation and holding, I was informed the motherboard would need to be replaced by HP and the cost would be $398.  What a disappointing situation!  The original problem was caused by poor motherboard quality, under HP's responsibility, not covered under their meager warranty, and now when the customer pays for a new motherboard, they won't even address the blank serial number issue that comes with it.  HP is a great company in some products....but not in laptop computers, and not in customer service.   If you want a new laptop....stay away from HP.....this has been a problem in their laptops for everal years now.   )-:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation