Question

Top Student
Anthony1987
Message 1 of 8 (3,816 Views)

HP DVDRAM GT50n (not functioning in WINDOWS 8)

Hi HP Team, I would like to ask for any help because my HP PROBOOK 4330s DVDRAM - GT50n is not functioning well under Windows 8 operating system, I need a software or driver which can fix the said issue. I hope you can help me regarding on this matter. Thank You.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (3,814 Views)

Re: HP DVDRAM GT50n (not functioning in WINDOWS 8)

Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/hardware/windows-8-does-not-recognize-my-dvd-drive/...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Anthony1987
Message 3 of 8 (3,805 Views)

Thank You for your fast response, but it is not working.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 8 (3,801 Views)

Have you installed all of the Windows 8 drivers that are available for your notebook?

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Anthony1987
Message 5 of 8 (3,798 Views)

yes.. but unfortunately it has no driver for Optical drive.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 8 (3,787 Views)

It looks like make a choice time to me.

You may have to either replace your DVD R/W drive with one that is compatible with your notebook and Windows 8, use a portable USB DVD RW drive of revert to Windows 7. You can also replace the notebook with one that is compatible with Windows 8.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Top Student
Anthony1987
Message 7 of 8 (3,782 Views)

Thats what I'm thinking.. I need an external optical drive for me to play any cd that i want. But if there is other way to fix the problem I would take a chance to try it.

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 8 (3,778 Views)

[ Edited ]

Replacing the drive would be a reasonable option if you can use the Windows 8 HQL (hardware qualifying list) to see which one will work with Windows 8.

Here is a link to the  Maintenence & Service guide for your notebook .

The part numbers for the optical drives are listed in the Illustrated parts catalog section.

Match the part number for yours and remove it from the possible candidate list for a replacement optical drive. Replace yours with a compattible optical drive with one that will work.

External USB DVD writers are pretty cheap at NewEgg.  Some are as low as $27.00 + shipping. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation