Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

yes i am looking for details regarding hp hinge issues. i have had repeated problem with hinge and service centre just glues/refix the hinge again and again. u may email me the pics at my email - consultantdiabetologist@gmail.com. even change of hinge didnt resolve the problem. dm4 hinge has a design defect leading to repeated breakdown. service centre people accept this fact verbally but refuse to give this in writing. nor is hp ready to accept this fact. customers suffer coz hinge keeps getting broken now and then.

HP Recommended
hello
i am an old hp customer.
i have 4 hp laptops. find files attached.
this dm4 has design issues - hinge and screen which leads to repeated problems.
its not just me
I am giving you more than 5 examples (people who were dm4 owners, people who had repeated dm4 hinge issue, people who
 got the hinge repaired and replaced a number of time, but all in vain and then these people changed HP brand loyality 
and moved to other laptop brands).
1. first is my own case.....i have been in trouble due to dm4 hinge
2. dr jamal ashraf - MS Orthopedic surgeon (u can reach him thru mr abid -     09839076251)
3. his sister - miss ashraf (u can reach her thru mr abid -     09839076251)
4. atleast 3 more people u will find on these links
5. pics of another dm4 owner facing hinge issue - he emailed me 5 pics which i can forward to u, if u r interested. he is mr neil young from dartmouth medical school.
kindly instruct concerned authority to take back my laptop and reimburse my money.
thanks
HP Recommended

Add me to the list of customers who have handled the HP Pav dm4 properly and in less than six mos failure of left hinge which started with the U shaped cover and is now extending to the right.  Guess I am customer number 6 here for the record.  Come on HP, get with it.  Business owner who's been loyal and bought a lot of HP product.

Jeff Brown

HP Recommended

Abid Abbasi-Megahertz Technologies mega_tec@sify.com
Jul 4 (4 days ago)

Dear Sir,

I am sending you the pics of another HP Pavilion dm4 1009TU laptop which has the same hinge defect.
The model is DM4 1009TU & Sno. is CNU0352QN6.
Once during the warranty period the hinges have been replaced but it is a manufacturing defect which persists.

You can share this info along with your case so that the needful can be done.

regards

Abid

--
Dr. Jamal Ashraf
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Secretary UP Orthopaedic Association
Jt Secretary APOA Congress - 2012
Chairman Central Zone - SICOT India
Ph 91-9415160454. 9795760454
wjashraf@gmail.com
wjashraf@doctor.com

HP Recommended

Dr.Kshitij Shankhdhar
9:26 AM (1 minute ago)

to HP-CUSTOMER, Neelam, Shobha

kindly refund my money or change my laptop model
i will definitely have hinge issues after few months and then laptop will be out of warranty.
people have suffered this way.
i have given u so many cases.
dm4 has design issues leading to repeated breakdown.

kindly refund my money or change my laptop model

kshitij

HP Recommended

I guess I'm number 7? My left hinge broke on my HP dm4, just as the warranty ended. So I leave the screen open at all times for fear of breaking an essential connection to the screen. (Although this problem is trivial compared to the power supply problems I face when I unplug and plug in the laptop...)

HP Recommended

i fought a real long....1 year long battle with HP regarding issues with DM4 hinge etc. BUT they refused to satisfy me. now i am a samsung customer. i quite HP. this is the only possible solution.....leave HP and try some other brand. no point talking repetedly to HP customer care....they r blind, deaf and paralysed. have pity on them and MOVE ON. this is their best punishment. i call them HP WARRIORS and not HP CARE. they fight till end with the customer....till he simply walks away to another brand. 

HP Recommended
I used to think HP would emerge as the leader among companies selling Windows machines, but I was mistaken. I'm looking forward to seeing if Microsoft can deliver a higher quality laptop.
HP Recommended

I have the same hinge problem and just discussed it with HP support today, 2012-09-24.

They quoted me a repair cost of about 1/3 the purchase price, or 329 USD. My notebook is out of warranty.

I politely told the gentleman no.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone! I posted on ths forum a while back. as you already know I too am a victim of the problem faced by everyone on this forum. This model of dm4 really dissapointed me. Although it is a great latop performance wise but pathetic in the quality department. when my left hing broke my warranty had already expired and the replacement parts were were available for about 100+ dollars. So i thought, its not like i am going to use this thing for a long time, why not repair it myself and be done with it. Here are a few pictures to give you guys the general idea on how i fixed mine.

380696_10150930497956561_1060395024_n.jpg255236_10150930499301561_659643870_n.jpg552472_10150930498666561_9498907_n.jpg483309_10150930500251561_1623259167_n.jpg529526_10150930501221561_1214694007_n.jpgIMG_0463.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.