Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

"03/20/14- Jeff reached out to customer "we dont understand what this refer too.

HP Recommended

How did you put in all the screw holes shown in the photos?

Did you drill them yourself to hold the new hinges?

Did you have to open the entire LCD display assembly, starting by removing the back cover and then get to the hinges?

Where did you purchase the replacement hinges?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion dm4 1165dx left hinge is broken.

Called HP service center, representative told me:

1. The only way HP repairs the hinge is by replacing the entire LCD display unit, at @US $190, with 7 - 9 days of turn around.

2. There is no local HP service center that I can go to for service (Los Angeles, CA).

3. On-site technician service is not available at Los Angeles, CA.

Very few people can afford to be without their laptop for 7 - 9 days for loss of productivity.

Any advice and help you can give us loyal HP users?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hard to believe that HP after 4 years has not resolved this design issue!

My hinge is still broken, my screen still goes blank and I have to fear the unit overheating due to fan issues.

HP Recommended

05/29/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

05/29/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Seems I am one of them too and after using it carefully for more than 2 years and right after the warranty expired the left hinge broke which broke the bezel and seems to get worse and worse. I hope HP does something and atleast provides its customers some support for such a terrible design. Paying 200$ for new screen is so costly and for a student like me I cannot afford it nor live without my laptop. I have been searching forums for some good fixing methods but the bolt one is the only solution which looks bad. 

HP Recommended

HP offered me 3 options, 1. i will pay $75 for them to fix the hinges-take about 2week to fix  (need my computer daily) 2. Hp offer me $125 coupon to purchase a new computer on their webcite( the computers offer at the cite are more expensive than the one you find at sales price in the store ) , 3. buy a new HP  anywhere u want and HP will extend one more year warranty service. i chose to buy a new one 11.6 inches one using the coupon. the broken hinges one use as a DESKTOP ( so i don't have to close and open which might damage the wires and screen). upset but at lease HP will try to work with u, happy with the  Customer service 

HP Recommended
Hopefully they offer something similar. Just like you I need the laptop so definitely sending is not an option.
HP Recommended

06/03/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.