Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HI, my left hinge is also broke, and it is affecting my screen on both ends. Any help? my model is also Pavilion dm4

HP Recommended

My laptop left hinge is broken, But not completely i think its cap is broken, Can anybody help me what should I do, for that beacuse of that i'm unable to closing lid.

HP Recommended

07/21/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have also had the same issue occur on my DM4 Beats Edition. The left hinge broke off from the lid and know i cannot close my lid or even move my laptop without the screen turing off or fadding. 

Is there any resolution to this problem?

HP Recommended

08/18/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem with my dm4-1160us. The left hinge is sticking and the plastic is broken now. My computer looks brand new and otherwise works fine. What's your recommendation? 

HP Recommended

09/18/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff, I have found some of the threads that you have helped with and it looks like you are effective and very helpful with your work. I was wondering if you could help me. I have had the same problems with the hinges on my computer pulling apart and sometimes pulling the screen away from the base and making the screen wobbly. I am out of warrenty, but I see that some others have gotten help still. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! 

HP Recommended

09/22/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Ok I too have a great DM4-1160US laptop that I love and works well to play  work and travel. 

Left hinge broken and now the  frame is broken in one place. Laptop still functionalable on a desk... cannot close the lid no more. 

Help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.