Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

It has to do with gestures. If it thinks you are scrolling up, or giving the hint, it is going to move up slightly. You should be able to disable this in the synaptics menu.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I disabled all Multifinger gestures and Scrolling and still had the issue. But I found out the issue does disappear when I disable Tapping! However, that's not really a viable solution for me since I use tapping all the time, so I still think the driver needs to be fixed.

HP Recommended

Im still having the probelm and have had it since day 1. I have gone through all the steps, tried all the configurations and nothing works. Its the most annoying thing to not be able to click on pages you want to click on. Get this fixed.

HP Recommended

My 17 inch envy has same mouse pad issue. I bought at Costco and they said I can return. Looks like the only soluton.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I is a real pain to use my new HP Envy 14-K102TX. I have the same issue with my laptop's touch pad. I have purchased this laptop 4 years after blacklisting HP laptops in our company. We had to stop buying HP laptops because we had serious issues whcih were not resolved by the service guys and we had to scrap 2 HP laptops after warranty period. You won't believe, out of 1 year warranty those laptops were going around for services for atleast 3 months.

Unfortunately I bouth this HP laptop because it looked like a MacBook Pro whcih I used for these 4 years (WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM).

Dear HP service what do you recommed me to do now?

Regards,

Yogish

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I just got it..

Please let me know if you figured it out or should I call HP to take it back..

HP Recommended

I am an HP person..

Always enjoyed their prodct,  I have the same problem wih my envy, I am going to be calling HP to take it back if the problem continue,

This can drive a person crazy, The pointer not onl moves, Its also making desicions for me when to double click..

HP Recommended

I returned the laptop to the seller. I had two problems. One is with the touchpad and the other is with the base of laptop. The base slightly get deformed when the screen is opened.

HP Recommended

Having same issue with the mouse.  This is most likely a hardware issue and the pad needs to be re-calibrated !!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is really surprising that HP is not reacting to this issue seriously. Many people have posted their reviews about this issue in many websites and HP is not ready to accept that there is a problem. When I call the HP service, they try to go through all their standard process and finally say that their could be a hardware problem.

I tried installing the old version of the drivers of the touchpad. It worked to a certain extent but not fully satisfatory. And aslo the gestures do not work fully in the older driver versions of the touchpad. So, it could eighter a problem with the hardware or the software. It was extremely frustraintg using the touchpad and I got pissed off when I found that the base got a little deformed whenever the screen is opened. This cannot be accepted at all. I never saw a base of laptop getting deformed in such a way (even if it is little, it should not happen).

I don't recommend buying this laptop at such a high price.

- Yogish

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.