Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I FOUND A SOLUTION

I was ready to return this f****** thing to costco but I found a link to an older Synaptics driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-78318-1&cc=us&dlc=en&docnam...

Uninstall the driver you have right now and download this and use this. The problem is gone

I'm guessing Syanptics messed up something with the finger area receptors or whatever, but this older driver is working fine on my Envy 15z running windows 8.1. 

Cheers guys!

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.  The mouse pointer keeps attaching itself to some object on the desktop intermittently and clicking on it.  I have to reboot to get it to stop when it starts.  I kept thinking it may be the usb mouse I also use but removing the little fob didn't stop the problem when it started.  That led me to the synaptics device.  I've followed the post above and went to the older driver.  Sometimes it took a few days for the problem to appear so I have to wait and see.  Thanks for the potential solution.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this only worked for a couple of hours and then the old problem returned.

HP Recommended

update

HP Australia has replaced a couple of touchpads now and they no longer have the problem, it looks like for the envy 15 at least it was a faulty touchpad.

To late for me though, after returning 3 and spending hours trying to get it sorted, we now have a ASUS N550JK and have no regreats at all.

Good luck to all who have to deal with HP

HP Recommended

I should point out that the problm I was trying to address was the touchpad moving around the cursor when you lift your finger off, I don't think my solution would address your problem. But currently my mouse is working fine on ym Envy 15z touchpad.  Unfortunately this will disable the scrolling and gesture features on your touchpad, but I don't care so long as the mouse is calm for once.

Still taking this thing back most likely because the audio drivers+the mouse drive me up the f##### wall.

HP Recommended

ChooseYourHPe's old driver solution actually worked for me! The jumpy cursor when I lift my finger issue disappeared on my Envy 14. I do still get a little twitch in the cursor sometimes when I tap to click which is still annoying but it's much better than before. Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

How do you unload the current driver before you install this one? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Select the Synaptics driver and uninstall

Reboot

Install new driver

HP Recommended

Hi Waterboy from HP Support,   Have you been paying attention to this forum thread? I have the same problem as these 37 posts.  This probably represents the tip of the iceberg because we know only a small fraction will use a forum like this to solicit a solution.  I posted the same issue on a different new and different thread about the disfunctional and truly frustrating Synaptics mouse/touchpad, without any response.  Could you please get back to me with a real solution?  

HP Recommended

Waterboy71 from HP Support:  Have you followed this thread forward?   37 people have reported this issue, surely just the tip of the iceberg.  Why no support?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.