Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-3200 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are there any plans for HP to upgade the video drivers for this notebook on Windows 10? I know that you guys didn't for Windows 8, so I lost my ability to increase/decrease my brightness...but are there any plans on doing it for Windows 10 ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the alternative solution below:

• Go to Start Menu > Search and type "Device Manager" and then launch the Device Manager
  • Scroll down to the Display Adapters entry in the device list and expand the option. Right-click on the installed display drivers, and choose Update Driver Software from the context menu.
  • In the ensuing interface menu, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Then choose the option "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"
  • In the next screen, select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from the list under Show compatible hardware section. Then hit Next to continue.
  • Windows should now install the selected driver and the display driver issue should no longer affect your screen brightness feature. You should now be able to increase or decrease display brightness without any hassles.
SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Gusti6,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that you want to know if there is new video driver for your laptop with Windows 10, so you can adjust the brightness of the display. I want to help you with this issue.

Please check the up to date video driver on the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-17-3200-notebook-pc-series/5259181/drivers?lang=en&cc=us

You will need the model number to find the drive.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have the latest drivers but it does not adjust it.

Just for more information, the laptop came with Windows 7 and it worked. I upgraded to Windows 8 and stopped working. So, that made me go back to WIndows 7 and it worked again. After upgrading to Windows 10, the brightness doesn't work again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the alternative solution below:

• Go to Start Menu > Search and type "Device Manager" and then launch the Device Manager
  • Scroll down to the Display Adapters entry in the device list and expand the option. Right-click on the installed display drivers, and choose Update Driver Software from the context menu.
  • In the ensuing interface menu, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Then choose the option "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"
  • In the next screen, select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from the list under Show compatible hardware section. Then hit Next to continue.
  • Windows should now install the selected driver and the display driver issue should no longer affect your screen brightness feature. You should now be able to increase or decrease display brightness without any hassles.
SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Tried it, it works! Thanks!

HP Recommended

After trying this solution, the Basic Display Adapter takes control of the video card and disables my off-board AMD Radeon video card.

Is there another work-around for this?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.