Question

Student
LewRogers
Message 1 of 25 (461 Views)

HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1126sa

I purchased a Hp Envy Sleekbook 6-1126sa back in January. About two months ago whilst i was opening my laptop the left hinge snapped off. Does anyone know where i can find replacement parts or where i can fix this problem. I have been told to send off my laptop to HP in Germany where they will find out if they can fix the problem but nothing is guaranteed?! is this the only option? thanks 

HP Support Agent
JeffHelp
Message 2 of 25 (424 Views)

Re: HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1126sa

11/5/13 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Honor Student
build
Message 3 of 25 (388 Views)

hi 

i have the same problem with my hp 6-1126sa what was the fix for this please

thank you

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 25 (370 Views)

Hi Build,

I will send this to the appropriate person.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
build
Message 5 of 25 (357 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have had HP phone me and they are collecting the laptop to repair.

I will keep you informed to see what happens.

Thank you for your help

Top Student
robmar0se
Message 6 of 25 (350 Views)

This is a common problem on sleekbooks where the hinge is glued to the lid  - the issue is compounded by the lack of spare parts - their London Support Centre has parts but you have to courier the laptop to them for them to assess and tell you how much it would cost.

Perhaps HP will realise that gluing the lid to the hinge is perhaps not a good idea!! doh

Student
Mobilesandmore
Message 7 of 25 (314 Views)

Hello, i also have this problem with my HP. can someone help me?

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 8 of 25 (307 Views)

Hi Mobilesandmore,

I will send this to the appropriate person.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
JeffHelp
Message 9 of 25 (305 Views)

02/20/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Top Student
unhappy-chappy
Message 10 of 25 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi I am not happy

I purchased a HP Envy Sleekbook 6-1126a from PC world for my daughter 14  months ago.

After 11 months the hinges and beziel failed and I returned it to PCworld who took it in for repair 4 months later its gone again at the other side .

It wont open properly the Beziel is pushing out to the point of almost snapping.

Unfortunately PC World only give a 3 month warranty against the repair so will not do anything else for me now as my one year guarantee has expired and so has my 3month repair on the original fault.

It is plainly obvious that there is a massive issue with the overall design of this Laptop with the internet littered with numerous customers with exactly the same issue.

My daughters xmas present from a year last xmas is now pratically unuseable and I fear to get it repaired again will cost a large amount of money with possibly new hinges / beizel / and lid probably required and a lot of labour making this laptop possibly not cost effective to have repaired.

I feel disappointed with HP & PC World and really dont know how to resolve this issue ?  :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation