Message 1 of 2 (1,480 Views)

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC - TouchScreen Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I got this computer for Christmas, and even on the first day I had this issue. My touchscreen refuses to respond unless my hands fully contact the screen with a rather large amount of force. The the screen responds with that amount of force, and I cannot use the screen normally. I have tried restarting the computer, putting it to sleep, etc. My screen is clean, I have not dropped my computer, and I have tried everything I can find to fix this problem. I am looking for specific instructions as to what I need to do to permanently resolve this problem.

Retired
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 2 (1,433 Views)

Re: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC - TouchScreen Issues

Hi Jacob_Evenson,

For the having to use a little more force when using the touchscreen feature, I have included the document 'Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8'. From this document please select Tapping the touch screen does not do anything, and follow through the steps. This part will help you with calibrating and setting up the touchscreen.

Please let me know if this helps, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation