Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 11 (281 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC Hinge

I have an HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC with Windows 8, that I purchased 8 months ago. Since then I have taken great care of it, but now the hinge on the left side near the power button has come loose. This is causing the bottom cover to apart and the pieces that are left inside are affecting the fan. What do I need to do about this?

I love Hp and this is my second HP laptop, but it cost too much for the hardware to be defective. 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC Hinge

Hello renie_5,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 11 (254 Views)

Hello renie_5,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 11 (201 Views)

My HP ENVY TS 17 also does that, how do I fix it? It is still under the one year warranty.

Top Student
Message 4 of 11 (154 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the same problem and now its both of hinges.

What is HP doing to solve this issue?

Student
Message 5 of 11 (73 Views)

My hinges need adjusting. same issue as posted here... can you please send me the instructions... thank you

Message 6 of 11 (63 Views)

@mjhuang

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work for HP.
Message 7 of 11 (62 Views)

@DrWPark

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work for HP.
Message 8 of 11 (56 Views)

@Myenvy1

I work for HP.
Student
Message 9 of 11 (37 Views)

Yesterday I opened my envy and the left hinge popped. Now the side of the case is coming apart. Its making a noise and i can't get it open. Only had it a little over a year. Never any problems till yesterday. I called tech and they gave me a big number for repairs. I saved 5 years to buy a laptop and went with HP cause everyone said they were the best. I can't afford the repairs and now I see this is a common problem. So upset cause I need the computer. Help.
Message 10 of 11 (32 Views)

@Lynbry

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation