Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m6-1225dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have had this laptop since February of 2013. It has perfromed flawlessly. With the exception of the lid. The plastic housing around hinges have broken twice. The first time a maintence engineer at the TV station i worked for fixed it for me. Within the last week the right hinge is broken again. It closes but that side is raised up and needs to be pushed down gently. Is there and inexpensive fix for this? The computer is awesome the casing around it not so much. 🙂 I see the peices coming apart slowly. HELP please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vreulet

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@vreulet

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

@vreulet

The hinge issue on Envy laptops is something HP is well aware of, but refuses to acknowlege and handle in a fair way.

If you're in warranty, they will fix it quickly and professionally, with great customer service.  If you're out of warranty, it's a completely different story.

One person is charged $300 for the repair, the next $130.   HP should fix it for free or at the very least at COST... instead, they are making a substantial profit from fixing thier own design flaw.   in my case, they fixed it the first time under warranty, and then charged me the second time.  After I made a regular fuss about it here and on linked in, they actually refunded my repair bill, saying they could consider it all one issue, beginning originally while still in warranty.

Read through this post about my experience for more info....  and be willing to fight.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Def​ective-Hinges-on-HP-Laptops-Envy/m-p/5337134/high...

Good Luck!

--Mike

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you referr me to the right people please. I am also having the EXACT issue with the plastic housing and hinges.

Thank you, let me know asap.

HP Recommended
Shipped it back yesterday. They are fixing it free of charge. Thanks HP!
HP Recommended

@TonyQ1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue right hinge. I  take good care of my laptop. My last HP was stolen and I bought this for school 2012 august and I'm not even done school now this. Obviously alot of people are having this issue, it is really terrible. I am a starving student and cannot even afford this right now. HP do something please!!!

HP Recommended

Hello Sir, 
My Envy m6 1225dx has the same broken right hinge problem.  Can you advise me how to get the hinge replaced/repaired?  Any counsel is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

HP customer A_Mason

@Omar-E wrote:

@vreulet

Thank you,
Omar

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

HP Recommended

@Omar-E

Hey Omar

I'm pretty sure i'm beginning to have the same issues. When i open and close the laptop screen, the bottom case comes off close to the hinges and on the sides. Thankfully the issue hasn't reached the front of the laptop yet, but i would like to resolve this before it causes any serious internal damage. When i took the laptop to Best Buy, (bought it there), they told me that the problem is with the hinges that are starting to break. So here i am. Can you help??

Thank You

GNEvans

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.