Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

Hi, I'm have a HP EliteBook 2560p laptop I'd upgraded to Windows 8 OS  recently and also bought a new battery -which I received 65% charged. I started it using the new battery hoping the charger with complete the rest of the charging margin in a breeze but the opposite happened: complete depletion.

Note: Charger and power cable are good.

So ...The issue: battery it's not charging at all; icon blinking at 0% charge level. Would you guys  help me out on this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If the Power adapter is checked and found to be good

try the following

1) If you have similar Battery tr to swap and check

2) Try to update BIOS

If above does not resolve , Issue could be with System board .

need serial number to recommend the system board

-----------------------------------
I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.
HP Recommended

So the original battery pack works normally, right? Can system detect the new battery? If the old battery is working well but the new battery is not detected you might need to check if this battery is for this model. If the new battery can be detected and the unit can run normally with this battery only (without adaptor plugged in), old battery can be charged and just no charging on this new battery please try upgrading BIOS to latest version.

After all if system can charge the old battery well it doesn't look like a motherboard problem. In rare cases that new battery got something wrong on HW, you may claim a replacement from service guys. Before that make sure you have tried BIOS upgrading and make sure the new battery you bought is the right accessory for this model.

Be careful when upgrading BIOS,  since you already got a battery related problem, make sure AC adaptor is always plugged in to keep power consistant during the upgrading process.

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi

Please follow the below step for resolution..

1> Please remove the battery and  adapter .Press the power button for 30 sec.

2> check with only adapter to conform wheather adater is working or not .

3>Connect the battery and adapter and turn on the Laptop.

4> update the windows ..

5>Update the bios/ chipset driver  through the help of below link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4131

Note: while updating bios both adater and battery should conect ...

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
This program is for making it easier for other people to find solutions, by giving an answer. Please click on “Accept as Solution” if it solves the system problem.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.