Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm having issues finding and using a Ethernet driver that works.

We have purchased one unit of each model and I'm trying to add the Ethernet driver to a SCCM boot image. The boot image downloads at F12 and I enter WinPE as expected but then it exits due to no ethernet driver "found". I've tried using both the offical HP driver and the latest Intel drivers, I can't get an IP address with either of them. I followed the procedure described here in order to load each individual driver manually using drvload just to make sure.

Next I logon the pre-installed OS on one of the G2 computers in the hopes of finding the Ethernet driver the computer shipped with. I manage to fish out the driver, the actual driver package with .INF, .CAT, .SYS, .PNF all of it. I then re-enter WinPE and try to load that same driver on that same computer but it still doesn't work. I can't seem to find a Ethernet driver that works (give me an IP address) for any of the new G2 models.

I can't seem to find any information about this Ethernet Device ID, same Device ID on all three models:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_225A103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&C8

Can anyone please help me? I'm at my wits end.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue apart from we are just using WDS/MDT. I have logged a call with HP (awaiting call back) I have referenced both mine and your post. Let me know if you have any success!

My Post

/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-ZBook/HP-EliteBook-820-G2-Network-Driver-MDT-2013/td-p/6718330#.VP_0503wtaQ

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have found a solution that works in our MDT environment. Check out Billys thread for the attached drivers

/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-ZBook/HP-EliteBook-820-G2-Network-Driver-MDT-2013/m-p/6722471

HP Recommended

MickoC, that link is coming up dead. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I dont know if this is solved by anyone yet but this is how I did it to get the Ethernet driver to work in WinPE.

The name of the driver in the winPE list is "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM" And in this driver you get the drivers for the following cards.

[Devices]
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153A="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_155A="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM"

I have extracted this from the SP71408 that I have dowloaded from HP Softpaq Download manager.

When you are looking for the driver to inject in the WinPE you will have to look for the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM with the filename "e1d64x64.sys"  (lower cases)

HP Recommended

Eventually got this to work.

The G2 could not contact the server in order to boot into WINPE

We were using driver e1d6332.sys We could get it to work for the EliteBook 840 G1 laptops but not G2.

We had to download the latest version of e1d6332.sys and then it worked for BOTH the G1 and G2.

The version dated 2015 worked on both models. 

This is using WINPE v4.0

It was as simple as that.

THANK YOU Peter Jarnfors , your post made me think in the right direction! 🙂

HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_2216103C&REV_03 levert hier ook probleem met MDT en PEx64 icm 850 G2

HP Recommended

fixed the issue by inserting drivers from CD to WINPE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.