Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Im newly in charge of IT hardware for my organisation and I have this problem with one of the HP 6930p notebooks, Basically the screen dont show aything when I boot. It seems to switch on but you cant see any writing. It can be hooked up to a external monitor to read what is in the screen. I have tried a few things like removing the battery/power supply and discharging the capacitor, replacing the inverter from a working HP 6930p, but so far havent been successful.

Anyone got any suggestions? If anyone has come across this issue before, how was it resolved? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok, I have managed to resolve the issue, appears that the lcd to motherboard cable was looseand not properly seated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.