Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recenty lost the use of the Luxpad, it does not show up in device manager but the TouchStyk still functions.

Attempted F2 on system startup to troubleshoot, no luck.

Attempted to uninstall/reinstall synaptic drivers, no luck.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

In the top left of the touch pad do you see an orange light? Double tapping where this is is turns the touch pad on and off, give it a shot and see what happens. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The touchstick is still working, same for the top left and right buttons. The touchpad and the bottowm left and right buttons are totally dead. Tapping top left of the touchpad does not turn it on or off.

HP Recommended

I had this exact problem. The way I finally solved it was to disable the Synaptics TouchStyk Buttons. After that, the left touchpad button worked fine without even restarting.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much ,   I Have been having a nightmare with my Elitebook 840 G1 and windows 8.1  have rebuilt it several times on the adise from HP to to no avail.   

This has solved my touch Pad issues 

THank you!!!

Thomas.

HP Recommended

I Tried it several times, I'm using Windows 7 Pr0 64Bit but seems to be not working. Please give me some advice.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as well for my 850 G1. It has started this morning with an unknown reason.

HP Recommended

Open up the mouse properties in the control panel and go to the "Device Settings" tab. Click the "Reset Devices" button. Hit "OK" and it will reset all of the mouse devices, including the one that is not working. Once I did this, the problem was sloved! 

I was so glad to get over this issue. :smileyhappy: Best of luck to the rest of you!

HP Recommended

what if i do not have any device settings under mouse properties? how can i solve the problems with my touchpad in this case?

HP Recommended

I just solved the same issue with a stupid thing.

Did you have a look on the connector under your battery ? The TouchPad was not detected on my Mouse under Control Panel section. I just saw that my connector (TP connector)  was not correctly connected. It's relatively delicate.

Cheers,

Feebz

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.