Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi everybody!

I think there is a missunderstanding in the disscution above and the answer is not solving the problem.

In my case I have 4GB installed in my EliteBook 8540p and there is only on slot for memory module.

I would like to have 8 GB and for that I have to install two modules 4GB (one slot is limited to 4GB)

In the specification of the 8540 is written that there should be two or four SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory.

In my EliteBook 8540p there is only one. 

P1010104.JPG

I am wating for the official answear from HP why it is like that

Have I been cheated ?

Is there a solution to have 8 GB in my EliteBook?

HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I was also puzzled when I was trying to do the memory upgrade and I saw just one slot with 2GB installed while the Operating system claims to have 4GB. The picture shown above is the same for my laptop but after some research I found that the other memory slot is placed underneath the keyboard!

The following video from HP support shows where the other memory slot can be found!

http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.htm?prodSeriesId=4097214&MEID=1C8565CA-A210-463C-B6E7-A82CF0FCF...

HP Recommended
gstathis is correct that the additional slot is located under the keyboard rather than the underside with the other slot.

Some commercial notebooks are designed this way, but I cannot explain why that is.

Thanks gstathis for sharing that information. 🙂
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

there is one ram slot under the key bord and another on the back of the laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.