HP Envy 15 Optical Drive Won't Eject Disc (3131 Views)
Honor Student
ItsNotMyProblem
Message 1 of 7 (3,131 Views)

HP Envy 15 Optical Drive Won't Eject Disc

I tried to burn a DVD and loaded a DVD-R into the optical drive. Burned the disc, now the disc won't eject. I try restarting the computer and going through Computer to eject, and nothing. It sounds like it tries to eject, fails, takes back in the disc and runs it.  This is definitely a problem, considering I'm a filmmaker and need to produce this DVD soon.

Please tell me I don't have to wait for an HP tech to take my computer for a week and a half to fix my brand freaking new notebook that I dished out over a thousand dollars for. This kind of thing is infuriating. And it seems others share this problem. So I wonder why it wasn't fixed.

Thank you in advance for all the help. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (3,127 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15 Optical Drive Won't Eject Disc

Hi,

Have you tried the paper clip trick ? Please watch this:

http://video.about.com/pcsupport/Open-a-Stuck-Drive-on-Your-PC.htm

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
ItsNotMyProblem
Message 3 of 7 (3,117 Views)

Unfortunately, it's not that kind of situation. I wish it had the small pinhole, but it does not. It doesn't eject a disc tray whatsoever.

Looking at this picture (http://laptop-review.jigsy.com/files/images/hp-envy-17.jpg)

The disc drive is on the side there. Very small and out of the way. At first, I didn't even realize it was a disc drive at all.

So, unfortunately, no. Though I am aware of this pin trick, there is no manual lock release for this drive that I can see whatsoever.
Student
awd23guy
Message 4 of 7 (3,100 Views)

Remove the bottom black cover.

Loosen the top cover buy removing all the black screws under the bottom.

Flip the screen up so that you can move the top cover ( where the keyboard sits )

Yank the top cover near the dvd drive area.

You basically re-adjust the CD slot by doing so.

Turn on the computer and re-try to eject again.

I had the same issue too.  Now it works fine

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 7 (3,070 Views)

Hi,

Looked like a design fault here.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Grad Student
ItsMagic
Message 6 of 7 (2,937 Views)

Hi,

Please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.

How to locate model number:

Notebook:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

Regards,

=======================

I am an HP employee.

If my suggestion was helpful, you can thank me by clicking on the "Kudos" button!
If my answer solved your problem, please feel free let the community know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button!!

Student
corummc
Message 7 of 7 (1,995 Views)

Was this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem on my Envy 15t using Windows 7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation