Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You can roll back to F.00.

When your computer is starting up, press F2 and you will get into the HP diagnostic program. Then select BIOS Management and rollback the BIOS. I have no keyboard problems with F.00. The only difference I see is how the proximity sensor works.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

I can't roll back to anything prior to F.05. The current version is listed as F.05, and beneath it "version after rolling back" is also listed as F.05. I tried rolling back anyway, and sure enough, when I check in the BIOS the version is still F.05

HOWEVER--rolling back to "F.05" seems to have fixed any signs of the keyboard problem, hahah! Go figure! Thanks a TON for the suggestion (solution?), virus86. The system doesn't display F.00, but my keyboard sure feels/acts like it is!

EDIT: Nevermind--after about an hour of use, several keys are being missed just like before, as long as I'm running on AC adapter 💔

HP Recommended

hy,

i am having the same problem. so far, i regogniced that ifsome "background performance" is needed like antiviruscan, keystrokes get missed. bery annoying. hp support doesnt help at all! they just send emails all the time that they would close the ticket. but **bleep**, i told them the problem and nothing goes on. shame on them.

please if anyoneas a solution let us know here.

cheers

HP Recommended

Everyone, there's another forum here where a number of users are experiencing keyboard issue. I thought I'd refer the rest of you there so that I don't go around appearing like I'm spamming multiple forums.

HP Recommended

Virus86, can you please provide the link to the F.04 BIOS? I'm desperate to try to flash to ANYTHING before F.05, but I can't find anything no matter how much I scour the web. I found a .BIN file in my recovery folder/drive that came w/ the laptop, but there doesn't seem to be any flash tool (DOS nor Windows) capable of flashing successfully.

I'm going to try the "Drain the battery" method later today. For now, I'm definitely in the same boat as Virus86 to the last detail--i.e. keyboard acts up at 100% only, etc.

HP Recommended

The F.04 BIOS HP gave me was for the wrong laptop.

The solution the other forum gave (Windows + B) didnt work for me with either F.05 or F.06.

Im still running on F.00 and waiting for a real solution...

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

Draining the battery completely didn't fix the keyboard issue, BUT ... (sigh) this is really frustrating... typing with the backlight ON apparently fixed the skipped keys (so far after a little over a full day of usage). I'm still on F.06, and so far I'm able to type just as normally as before F.05 regardless of AC/battery power.

Virus86, since there really aren't any options HP's providing for us anyway, do you want to give this backlight thing a test? Being an experienced techie, I feel completely stupid for suggesting such a "solution" but hey... like I said, I'm desperate for anything that works right now! :LaughingTears:  This is among the first time ever since the BIOS/Keyboard fiasco that I've been able to type an entire sentence, let alone an entire post, w/o any missed keys.

The fact that the keyboard acts up directly as a result of power source led me to think something's up w/ the electrical work below the keyboard (bad shielding?), and that's something I'm gonna have an EE friend of mine look into later on... will update w/ more info later.

HP Recommended

I just upgraded to F.06, restarted, and the keyboard it working fine. You can flashing the BIOS again using the file on the HP website. Im not going to call it a fix until I test it out for a few days.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

Well, my keyboard is acting up again. The keyboard works better with the backlight off, but it seems new keys are being missed. I cant use this laptop without the backlight. Back to F.00.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the update on updating to F.06

You stated that it seemed to work, but now you are still seeing some problems with some keys.

WHat keys are they specifically? Or are they random? Is the problem happening ony when on AC power and charged to 100 %?

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.