Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've also updated to F.06. The keyboard works fine on battery or when charging.

But, once the battery is fully charged on AC power, the problem reappears... not systematically but most of the time (sometimes it doesn't without any obvious reason).

As far as I can tell, that's always the same keys: n, b, g, backspace. Switching off the backlight doesn't seem to help.

HP Recommended

My laptop came with F.04. When F.05 was initially released, Ive had problems with my keyboard. The problematic keys are the same as the post above.

When F.06 came out, the problem was fixed for a few days. Whenever the battery was either discharging or charging, the keyboard works fine. Disabling the backlight seems to fix it, but new keys seems to be skipped and I didnt not narrow down which one they are.

I am now running on F.00 and awaiting a future BIOS to fix this problem.

Thank you.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

Has any of you tried a recovery restore? Did that solve the problem?

I have the same keyboard issues on a 2 week old HP Envy 15 - 3090ca. 

HP Recommended

I've done the restore to factory settings and it worked briefly this morning. However the issue came back. I restored with F.06 as the Bios as I can't roll it back. I'm contacting HP for exchange as i'm well within my window.

HP Recommended

I think you're in the same boat as everyone else so far... the resetting thing either only briefly "fixes" the problem or doesn't do anything at all. FWIW, I posted in another forum about how typing with the backlight on strangely fixes the problem (?!?!? Your guess is as good as mine on this one, but I know it's worked for a number of us w/ the keyboard problem =D).

HP Recommended

What is the product number of your Envy 15? Mine is LW897AV. (Press fn+esc to see it)

A HP tester contaced me so that they can aquire my Envy 15 for troubleshooting. They are sending me a replacement first so I do not have any downtime and hopefully they will allow me to swap out hard drives so I dont have to transfer data. The product number they are sending me is LY277AV (which is the latest on the HP website) and has the same specs as the one I have now. Ill run both laptops on F.06 and report my findings.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended

Mine is LW897AV as well. I would love to see what you find from your testing!

HP Recommended

F.07 has been released. Time to get testing!

- Provides improved proximity sensor performance. 
- Fixes an intermittent issue where typing rapidly on the keyboard causes keystrokes to be dropped.

------------------------
GO GATORS
HP Recommended
Awesome. Too bad I sent it back for exchange. Along with my last Voodoo decal. 😞

Let me know if it cleared it up.
HP Recommended

After a few days of testing the keyboard in all the same ways that I mentioned earlier in this thread (running on battery, running on AC, running on AC w/ battery removed, and backlight on/off in each of these situations), I'm very happy (and satisfied!) to report that F.07 has completely solved all of my previous keyboard woes! I've gone so far as to update my Envy 15 Amazon review to reflect both the fix as well as HP's response to this issue. I only wish that HP responded this way to begin with instead of having CSR deny the problems, but in the end, I think this was a very reasonable turnaround time for fixing this problem.

Virus86, I hope your testing returns the same results!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.