Question

Honor Student
Red51Devil
Message 1 of 8 (2,658 Views)

HP Envy 15t-J000 Quad Edition PC - Touchpad not working !!!

[ Edited ]

I brought the Hp Envy 15t-J000 Quad Edition PC on August,2013. Two days back, the touchpad stopped working, I searched this forum and found a solution where one suggested to remove battery and plug in through adapter ; it worked well yesterday. But it again stopped working today and I tried the same method , but is of no use . 

I tried everything, to get the touchpad back, recovery , downloading the software and reinstalling again,etc.

Please Help, I haven't even had it for 20 days, almost brand new -

MY CLICKPAD IS - SYNAPTICS POINTING DEVICE V16.5.3.3

MY PRODUCT NUMBER IS - C8P48AV #ABA 

MY OS IS - WINDOWS 8

MY LAPTOP DETAILS ARE HERE :

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/E4T17AV

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 8 (2,642 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15t-J000 Quad Edition PC - Touchpad not working !!!

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to resolve your issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting the Touch Pad (Windows 8)

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Red51Devil
Message 3 of 8 (2,636 Views)

In the devices section, there is only standard pointing device and other pointing device ..... I cannot find my synaptics device anywhere ; and in the properties section only overview is present

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 8 (2,620 Views)

Hi

Under device manager you will find Mice & other pointing device click on it and uninstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Red51Devil
Message 5 of 8 (2,616 Views)

No change :smileysad:

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 6 of 8 (2,611 Views)

Hi

This seems to be a Touchpad failure you might have to get in touch with HP technical support & get the part replaced. Before this please check if touchpad is turned on in control panel.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
Top Student
ARJEE
Message 7 of 8 (2,532 Views)

Manjunath, thanks for the link to the clickpad/touchpad guide.  Maximixing 'smartsense'  has halved my problem but not solved my problem completely.  I recently bought a new HP ENVY 15 j040el (not smartouch)  with Win8.   The touchpad is single  rectangular piece without divisions and without deactivation light indicator.   Whan a mouse is plugged in, the touchpad should automatically deactivate, but my touchpad continues to be active simultaneously with the mouse.  Ist her a way out?  Is there a keyboard shortcut  or touchpad gesture to deactive the touchpad manually? Please help guru!

Student
ashtakano
Message 8 of 8 (2,452 Views)

Okay I can't offer any help with your problem because I'm pretty lost, but I just had to respond to this because I own the same laptop, and I bought it in July. Turned it on on the 23rd of July, to be exact. My fingerprint reader hasn't been working from the 26th after I performed a refresh of Windows and I still haven't found a solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation