Question

Student
c_kelty
Message 1 of 2 (739 Views)

HP Envy 17 3070NR DVD/CD Drive Making Eerie Noises

Hello,

I just purchased my HP Envy 17 3070NR notebook less than a month ago. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a Crucial M4 128GB SSD I installed into it. After coping some backup files from a different machine on the stock hdd. I put the hdd back into the noteback, as I have several times before. Upon booting up the DVD within the DVD drive made clicking/scratching sounds. his was the first time I had heard this so I immediately ejected the disc. I thought it was just that disk so I tried putting it back in, and it did the same as before. Again, thinking it was just that disc I tried another CD and it also made the sound. I'm afraid that the DVD/CD drive has already become defective within a month. Any advice would help.

Thanks,

Connor

Tutor
hawkster97
Message 2 of 2 (544 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17 3070NR DVD/CD Drive Making Eerie Noises

I suggest that you call HP's support line or contact support right away. Its very hard to diagnose a hardware issue in a place like this. You still have a warranty (or still should have one) so the repair should cost little to even nothing. Who knows, it may be beyond repair (which it isn't) and you can get a new one for free. Anyways, when my HP G60 went on the fritz, they fixed it for only the price of shipping (cheap, and only had to pay one way). Good Luck and keep me up to date.

--------------------
Please Click "Kudos" to show your appreciation for me.

If this answer worked, please mark this reply as an answer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation