Question

Honor Student
TheTomahawk
Message 1 of 8 (1,927 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Envy 17 Keyboard Replacement

Product:  HP Envy 17 3D 11-1195ea XG554AV

I purchased this laptop in the US early last year. Being an Irish resident, I would like to change the keyboard to an Irish or UK layout.

The component number for the keyboard is 603791-031.

Where can I purchase one?  I've tried Google, but I haven't found anywhere sellings.  Preferably I'd like somewhere in Ireland or the UK, but would settle for somewhere in the US.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (1,913 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17 Keyboard Replacement

All I can suggest is to use HP Parts Surfer, if it does not have it available call HP Parts on the phone and inquire

Parts Search

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Contact Parts here

http://partsurfer.hp.com/ContactUs.aspx

or here, they have "chat" for some countries.

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Contact_us.aspx?

Honor Student
TheTomahawk
Message 3 of 8 (1,908 Views)

The parts store don't stock it, but I was able to chat with a representive who gave me the numbers for resellers in the UK.  I'll contact them to see if I can get the part.

Thanks for your help.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 8 (1,903 Views)

Good luck, You are welcome. :smileyhappy:

Welcome to the HP forums

Honor Student
madgop
Message 5 of 8 (1,712 Views)

How do you remove the keyboard on the hP Envy 17inch? I have several keys (backspace, apostrophe and few others) that suddenly stopped working.. I want to buy a keyboard and replace it, but how do you take it off? is there a video?

Thanks

Student
NYCPDBLUE
Message 6 of 8 (433 Views)

This is the Youtube link to remove and replace the keyboard from a HP Envy 17 laptop.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQaPs0h6ys

Honor Student
TheTomahawk
Message 7 of 8 (428 Views)

Thanks. Rather annoying video, though, but useful.

However, the issue isn't how to replace the keyboard, it where can I buy replacement keyboard?
Student
mattsb
Message 8 of 8 (337 Views)

Was doing some research myself on another issue and happened to run into your question on where to purchase a replacement keyboard. I recently had the same issue where a bunch of my keys were not working and others were not working correctly so I did some research on purchasing a new one. The best I found was Ebay. I got my backlit replacement keyboard for my Envy 17 there for around $50 bucks. Shipped within a week at a good price and worked perfectly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation