Question

Student
robbins13
Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

HP Envy 17-j005tx Notebook power tip connection

Hi,

I have an HP Envy 17-j005tx notebook but the tip where the power cable connects to the notebook is unlike any others I've seen or have.

I use the brilliant little innergie power adapters when I travel as they're much smaller & more convenient & the one adapter suits planes, cars & AC power supplies, but this new tip that HP are using doesnt match any I have to enable me to use my other power adapters.

I need to know specifically the name and any other details about the tip on the end of the power cable where it connects to the computer. This tip is not one I've ever come across before & is not the same as my 3 previous HP Laptops. Please also supply additional details if it is called something different in different countries.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17-j005tx Notebook power tip connection

Hi,

Normaly the tip is for all countries but the cords (at the other end) are not the same due to differences in physical wall holes. Some PSU's can be used for cross models. There are many light, slim chargers on the following link. You can use the product/model of your machine to find a right one:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/AC%20Adapters

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation