Question

Top Student
MikeNaji
Message 1 of 5 (740 Views)

HP Envy 17T-J100 Fingerprint Reader

Hello everyone,

I have a 7 days old HP Envy Leap Motion 17T-J100. Ever since I have had it the fingerprint reader only works with HP SimplePass. I cannot use it to log on to windows nor in Chrome or any other browser but IE. (I understand that only Chrome v26 is supported.) Does anyone have a fix to this atleast to log onto windows with it?

Please note that Biometric Devices do NOT show up in my control panel but they do in my Device Manager. (Running Windows 8.1)

I have tried the following:

- Update BIOS

- Enable Biometric Support

- Checked for Windows Support

- Uninstalled Driver & Software & Reinstalled them in that order

- Uninstall Antivirus & Disable Firewall

- Tried to change the service components to automatic

Any solutions?

Thanks

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17T-J100 Fingerprint Reader

Hello MikeNaji :smileyhappy:

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the fingerprint reader only works with HP SimplePass. I will do my best to assist you! To ensure all basic troubleshooting has been done to address the issue, please attempt all of the solutions that you have not tried: Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8)

If this does not work, I would consider contact HP support. The reasoning is because it is a brand new product, and there could be a design flaw with the fingerprint reader. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Top Student
MikeNaji
Message 3 of 5 (703 Views)

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your reply. I have actually gone threw that thread before posting here and sadly came out with no results at all. Looks like my only option is HP customer service!

Top Student
MikeNaji
Message 4 of 5 (696 Views)

Well After 1 and a half hours of talking to HP Support we didn't come up with anything but while doing so i did notice a small thing and i think i finally have a fix for this! For all you frustrated Envy users or any other HP user for that matter Ill be posting GREAT News soon!

Student
fogijay
Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)

Sorry, were you able to get it fixed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation