Question

Honor Student
dixitk13
Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

HP Envy 4 Heating Issue

My HP Envy 4 warms up from below pretty fast. The fan speed is slow right part stays cool but the leftmost part of the Envy is always warm. Is it the battery discharge thats keeping it warm ? Should i be concerned ?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 4 (240 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4 Heating Issue

Hi dixitk13,

In general, you do not have to be concerned about your notebook's normal operations.

HP Notebook PCs - Why Computers Generate Heat

If you are concerned, and the extra heat generated bothers you -- and you are not alone when it comes to being bothered by "hot computer syndrome" -- you can always mitigate the problem by buying and using a cooling pad for your Notebook when it is being used on a stationary surface.  For example, when you are using the Notebook at your regular desk / work surface, a cooling pad can be used to add cooling and extra air circulation.

If you want to know exactly how much heat is being generated, you can dowload and use different tools to measure the heat inside your computer.

One such tool (available as a Free download version):

Piriform Speccy

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is helpful - or teaches you something you did not know? 

See something that makes you smile?

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a nice “Thank You” for the Author.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Happy Computing!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
dixitk13
Message 3 of 4 (216 Views)

Its true that laptops heat. But still buying a cooling pad for every laptop shouldnt be an mandate. Anyways, recommended cooling pads and normal heating temperatures ?

thanks in advace Dragon-Fur :smileyhappy: 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

Hi dixitk13,

I run Cooling Pads under the hotter burning notebooks - like my dv7t Quad - and I run it when the situation warrants it.

The other notebooks get a Hercules X-stand to assure the units are lifted away from the work surface and get plenty of air circulation.

Once in a while, I clean out the vents on the notebooks.  The Home Office is relatively clean; we do have cats in the house.  Everything is better with fur on it - EXCEPT computers.  Smiling.

I advocate a Cooling Pad for any notebook that is used for gaming or hard use -- my personal opinion is that notebooks are not best suited for gaming unless they have the advantage of some extra air circulation and some cool air. 

I am not an expert in the area and I tend to be a bit more conservative about these things.  As a rule, the extra care tends to pay off; even the oldest of my notebooks still runs and I tend to have few issues with any of them.  Whether the success is a testament to the excellence of the HP products, pure luck, the extra care and maintenance, or a combination of all these, is a matter for speculation.

I hope this helps.

Happy Computing!

See a Post that is helpful - or that teaches you something you did not know?

See something that makes you smile?

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a nice “Thank You” for the Author.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation