Question

Honor Student
mcdonorj89
Message 1 of 7 (1,864 Views)

HP Envy Integrated Camera - Can't get the camera to start

When I open mediasmart webcam this message is displayed: No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an intergrated camera, make sure that it is turned on. Can someone tell me how to turn the camera on or how to fix this? When I have opened the program in the past, the camera automatically turns on but for some reason now the integrated camera won't start when I open mediasmart webcam. Thanks!

Student
Saver
Message 2 of 7 (1,523 Views)

Re: HP Envy Integrated Camera - Can't get the camera to start

i am same issue. Who can help?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 3 of 7 (1,505 Views)

Hello Saver,

What is your product number and operating system?

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
alotaquestions
Message 4 of 7 (1,256 Views)

I am having this problem too. Just since yesterday when I was using Skype... no camera. In the past it was on automatically. hp envy dv6, any suggestions?
Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 5 of 7 (1,226 Views)

Hello alotaquestions,

Since it has not been too long since the problem started, you can run a system restore.

This will take the system back to when everything was working correctly without affecting your personal files.

Here is a link on how to do a restore.

Let me know how everything goes.

Honor Student
alotaquestions
Message 6 of 7 (1,209 Views)

It worked! Thanks!  I'm on windows 8, so finding the system restore took a bit of searching but it wasn't too hard to find.

Student
HP2Fanatic
Message 7 of 7 (971 Views)

What if restoring is not an option?  My hard drive gave up back in March this year so I replaced it and reploaded the OS I purchased from HP.  The camera has not worked since then, what do you think my options are?

Thanx

LC 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation