Question

Student
sting93
Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

HP Envy Ultrabook 6 hinge broken AGAIN

Hi, I have the Envy Ultrabook 6, product number: B3Y54EA, and the left hinge on the laptop has broken for a second time. 

I had the laptop sent off on the 6/8/2013 when the hinge first split and the whole of the left side frame of the laptop split apart, it was returned, but the frame was still split on the side, I then sent it off on the 21/8/2013, again it was returned in the same condition, I had to send it off a THIRD time on the 10/9/2013 when it was finally repaired properly. 

Unsurprisingly this has happened again despite being extremely careful when opening the laptop for obvious reasons. 

Less than a year after the left hinge has broken again and the left side of the screen has started splitting, the laptop does not close properly and I am wary of doing so, hearing cracking noises when I do. The laptop is out of warranty and I have contacted HP support, but I am reluctant to pay for repairs considering it is essentially a faulty product where the hinge is simply glued on and will inevitably break again. I was advised by HP support to come to this forum to see if it was a known problem, which is clearly is as I have seen a number of people experiencing the exact same thing. 

What can I do about this? 

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (47 Views)

Re: HP Envy Ultrabook 6 hinge broken AGAIN

Hello sting93, welcome to the HP Forums.

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation