Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp is awesome!! I had the hinge issue when I got my computer back there were black pixels on my screen and they replaced that two, all in less than two weeks.
thank you so much HP best customer service ever!
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my hinges on my Envy Sleekbook 6. My laptop has never been handled rough or dropped, just normal opening and closing. It was just the one hinge but today the other one is starting to crack and come apart. GeekSquad wants $35 just so they can ship it to get me a repair estimate!

I tried to contact HP support but I am out of warranty so I'd have to pay to get them to talk to me. Hoping someone here can help me. Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

Hi @notanotherxerox ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Thanks for visiting the HP Support Forum

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hey man who do i email about this problem?

@ShockQ wrote:

Both hinges on my HP Envy m6 have broken. The computer is about 5 months out of warranty. I am very disappointed in the quality of this product. The hinges should never break down in such a short time.   Reading through the many posts on this hinge problem I think HP should have a recall on all the defective hinges and make things right.

HP Recommended

Hi @J_kang ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Thanks for visiting the HP Support Forum

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi, I am experiencing a similar problem with my hp sleekbook 6 where the hinge on the right side( side of with the power slot) broke off, the left hinge seems fine and allows the lid to be opened and screen displayed. Prior to this my laptop did not undergo any form of misuse or damages neither dropped nor dented. It is well maintained and mostly stock where programs are concerned. The problem is, like many of you, my notebook is out of warranty by two months based on the date of purchase. I am I dior need for its repair as it is my only pc and my phone will not suffice as I'm in college and depend on it. I am therefore seeking your suggestions on how to go about getting it repaired.
HP Recommended

@ravaun ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I am having these same hinge issues. I called in before when I wasn't too far out of warranty and they told me that I mist have done something and it would not be fixed. Now after reading hundreds of the same problems I feel as if my loyalty to HP is gone, who should I contact next!?!?
HP Recommended
Hello, I currently own the  HP Envy M6-1102SA. This is the second time I have had an issue with the hinge coming loose, and i would like to know what I can do to repair this. Currently I am a university student and with the bulk of my work on this laptop time is an issue, and dealing with HP previously I already have grievances with the customer support you provide, however simply i would like to know what HP can do about this, and with the vast number of complaints and other similar issues i've seen in many threads across the forums, what action will HP take in resolving this if any? My laptop is also currently out of warrenty, I am curious on what options I have left after having to spend a large amount previously trying to get this fixed.     Thanks
HP Recommended

@MikeHenneh 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.