Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Both hinges on my HP Envy m6 have broken. The computer is about 5 months out of warranty. I am very disappointed in the quality of this product. The hinges should never break down in such a short time.   Reading through the many posts on this hinge problem I think HP should have a recall on all the defective hinges and make things right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Great news HP ROCKS, I received an email from JeffHelp. He arranged for someone from customer support to phone me about the broken hinges on my computer.  The very next day HP sent me a box to ship my computer to there service department. Two day later my computer was on it way back to me fully repaired free of charge. Now that's fantastic service and second to none. That's product support.

Thanks HP.     

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Great news HP ROCKS, I received an email from JeffHelp. He arranged for someone from customer support to phone me about the broken hinges on my computer.  The very next day HP sent me a box to ship my computer to there service department. Two day later my computer was on it way back to me fully repaired free of charge. Now that's fantastic service and second to none. That's product support.

Thanks HP.     

HP Recommended

MY HP ENVY ALSO HAS LOOSE HINGES, 18 MONTHS OLD, OUT OF WARRANTY...WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

HP Recommended

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the right people to have it reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this forum.

Keep an eye on the PM (Private Message) envelope at the top right corner of each page. When you see a number next to the grey envelope, click it. That's the way you'll be contacted.

If you need to know how to post a private message

click here

Thanks.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

The right hinge on my HP Envy m6 is also broken. I haven't been able to close the cover for a couple of weeks. And to top it off, the touchpad is starting to peel.

The laptop is two years old so it is out of warranty. After reading many threads on this topic, it appears to be a real problem with the Envy m6.

I am unable to afford expensive repairs and hope that HP can help resolve this issue.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
I am in the same position as all of you, my laptop has never been dropped or handled ruffly it never leaves the house and it feels like not only the right hinge is busted but feels like the frame is going to bust on the right side every time I go to close it.

What can I do… is there a recall?? ?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Oh my goodness! I'm having the same problem with my left hinge.  The hinge started to crack out of nowhere and the lid screen did not close properly.  I've been trying to find a fix for this for months and the problem is I have no idea how to repair it without spending a LOT of money.  The monitor still works but in the beginning when the hinge started cracking I stopped closing the lid all together because the screen started separating and the bottom left corner of the screen had a small black patch.  It seems as if hp hp should address this issue because it seems to be quite common as I came across this when I googled this problem. I am always very careful with my laptop as I rely on it for word processing. 

I bought my notebook at best buy 2 years ago (goodbye guarantee/warranty) and I'm in Canada so I'm not even sure if there is any official hp place I could send it to. Please some help me with this, this computer is my main and only one and as a working mom of 4 I cannot afford for the problem to get worse.  Any help would be appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same problem with my Hp Envy M8-1117tx Notebook Pc 
The hing on the right side has just buldged out for no reason no drops or bumps all it does is sit on my computer desk with minimal movement to the screen itself it just randomly decided to bulge out. I've had it for about a year pretty sure it is still in warrenty and i bought extended warrenty. 
What worries me is that this seems to happen to alot of people I don't understand why.

I want to know whether I can get this problem resolved or not? 
I have had past experience with my hp notebook being fixed but not a physical fix.

HP Recommended

Left hand side hinge on my Envy sleekbook broke and HP repaired it under warranty at beginning of this year (2014). Now it is coming apart again,  so I don't know if they put a new frame on the screen or just repaired it with DS tape.  Of course now the warranty has run out (4 months ago) but I feel HP should repair this again and I should not have to pay for it.  It looks like the hinge is crooked, not at right-angle to the screen, so it must be getting bent out of shape (just like me!) I have been treating the laptop very carefully since it was repaired, opening and closing it with both hands very gently. 

Please respond Jeff.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi, I received a messge from one of HP's Executive Customer Relations and he was really helpful in having another CR in Canada contact me.  The Canadian HP CR was able to help me within the week - service was fabulous and I was really lucky that my laptop was still 'warranted'.  Anyways I am really happy so far with HP and their products and service.  I should be getting my laptop back within the next few days - perhaps in time for Thanksgiving!  Hang in there and hopefully one of HP's CR will contact you soon.  However perhaps you should call their 24/7 Help Line?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.