Question

Honor Student
COE2k14
Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

HP Envy touchsmart 4 Ultrabook keyboard malfunctioning..

Hi,

I have bought a HP Envy Touchsmart 4-1215dx Ultrabook 1 year back from USA. The keyboard starts developing problem recently. if I try to login to my A/C , keys are not working or not functioning at all. for e.g:  if I Press 'm', then the login form seems to work as "Enter/Return" key. so, effectively keyboard is not at all working. my query is, whether this is a software problem or a hardware problem from my experience doing Windows restore and all again shows the keyboard error reappearing. I showed it to a Computer shoppe here and they said they have cases of 5-6 HP ultrabook's bought from USA developing this problem and replacing keyboard also seems not to fix this as the problem reappears for many of them. I was told, the humidity(I live 40kms east of coast) in Kerala state, may be the reason keyboards starts failing especially during our monsoon times.

So, my question is, whether replacing keyboard works? Is there a India specific keyboard(it's a backlit one) which is suitable for our climate that I can replace?

Thanks awaiting replies.

Honor Student
COE2k14
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: HP Envy touchsmart 4 Ultrabook keyboard malfunctioning..

I somehow logged in after long hours of struggle. but, keys are malfunctioning. some keys work for a second but will not afterwards! "m" is identified as ""/Enter key, while some other keys randomly are functional. I opened "onscreen keyboard" and tried touchscreen to type words, well even onscreen keyboard is not working! :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation