Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Since day one when I purchased this great little computer with Windows 8 Pro loaded the SD Card reader has never worked properly on the tablet. It sometimes recognises the card and even the files on it but you can't carry out any operations without it locking up. I've tried reformatting the cards (even from the card manufacturers website) and in Windows as NTFS or Fat 32 but it made no difference. The cards were a 32gb and a 16gb different manufacturers yet both work perfectly in my laptop.

I've restored back to basic Windows 8 32 bit and done a clean install of Windows 8 Pro 32 bit to no avail. I've since upgraded to 8.1 but nothing has changed. I have downloaded the latest drivers, run the troubleshooter as shown elsewhere on this forum but still no go.

Any further suggestions? The model is 11-g001tu

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Kindely update your driver
Download the driver for SD card from
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Search with your model number-->select network-->select driver for card reader.Download it-->install-->restart.
Have fun...

******Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**
HP Recommended

I have run these updates before but ran them again (sp63665 and sp63677) with the same result. It works once then the next time says the card has an error and tries to fix it, which it can't. At other times it identifies it as a 'Secure Digital' card, others just 'Removable Disk' and sometimes not at all. Only the first time after running the updates have I ever been able to load the file on the disk.

My model is the Australian version but the updates are the same for an equivalent US model (11-g011nr). I just don't get how it can be so inconsistent. There must be conflicts somewhere with other drivers.

HP Recommended

You can SImply Update your driver by this process

Type Device manager in home screen of windows 8-->Take device manager from list-->select the card reader driver option-->right click-->update driver-->Browse my computer for driver software-->Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer-->Select the latest drivers in the list and click next-->restart your system.

This will get ride of your problems

Please click on the KUDOS STAR at the left of this post as a sign of Thanks Giving

HP Recommended

Thanks but it's not working. It does briefly like it always has, then locks up, sometimes recognising the card, sometimes not.

I think the Envy x2 is not HP's greatest invention despite being a great concept. Mine is riddled with errors and it's for the rubbish bin. No more HP for me, after using their products for well over 20 years, this is the last.

I've had ASUS Transformers before (they used Android which I didn't like much) but they always worked with good build quality and now they also use Windows 8 so I'll try them.

HP can just go back to the drawing board and do their development properly. I'm quite disgusted and have wasted days trying to get this and other issues working.

HP Recommended

Did you checked with your SD card adapter?

Try use another Adapter. Then Verify if the adapter have  got any problems..

Please click on the KUDOS STAR on the left of this post as a sign of Thanks giving

HP Recommended

The solution was simply that another brand of SD card worked where two other brands didn't and it has performed faultlessly for 2 months now. All cards were the same specification but different capacities. Weird!

Thanks for the suggestions.

HP Recommended

That's not the solution. HP has been having some trouble with that has I have seen other users complaining, however they manage to install the drivers from HP. Regarding your PC you MUST install Driver Genius 14 ( you can purchase it or crack it), with the later option it won't install everything (even those from realteak) however it will install the drivers for SD Card that you need.

I don't know the name of the drivers so just install everything you can. How do I know? (You ask). I jsut did and it works 100% perfectly, I don't need aything else and I have the same computer has you just purchased a week ago. 

HP Recommended

Do you recall which brand of MicroSD worked in you HP Slate?

I have an HP Envy 5009 - and it is constantly losing connection with the Sandisk 64gb MicroSD.  I'd seriously like the little tablet - and 32gb of memory is not enough.  If someone has a working alternative to the Sandisk MicroSD - I'm all ears!

(db)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.