Question

Honor Student
Joe33158
Message 1 of 15 (17,258 Views)

HP G6000 (G6062EA) WONT TURN ON.

Hi all,

This laptop wont turn on at all. When its on battery the blue battery light is flashing as the battery is low and not charging and when you try to switch it on the battery light flashes 3 times and nothing else.

When its plugged in with the battery the battery, power button and power light flash for a brief second and nothing. I then have to hold the power button down or a while to drain the capacitors and when the battery is plugged in its the same thing all over again. The light at the side where the DC connection is made lights up ok but not sure if the problem is the motherboard or the DC Power/USB board which is seperate from the Motherboard. Also tried a different Power Charger and same thing.

This Laptop has only ran out off warranty on 19th July 2009 and I'm feeling pretty cheated.

Any help would be great guys.

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 15 (17,244 Views)

Re: HP G6000 (G6062EA) WONT TURN ON.

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
Honor Student
Joe33158
Message 3 of 15 (17,234 Views)

Did these and not the first one as I can't turn the notebook off as it wont even go on in the first place:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.

Still doing the same thing mate.

Honor Student
Joe33158
Message 4 of 15 (17,214 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to let you know, I have also took the bios battery out and left for half and hour, swaped memory, took out the wirless card and hdd, altogether and separately and its the same problem.

When I connect the battery on its own, the battery light keeps flashing and when power putton is pressed the battery light flashes quickly 3 times and then continues to flash as battery low. Then I connect the power charger and the battery light  stays on constant for about 5 seconds as if it charging and then flashes as usual and then when I press the power button the power button light, battery light and power light flash for a milliseconds and then nothing. No lights or anything whenyou press it a second time. It will only flash again when the battery and charger are disconnected for a while and then its the same thing over again. The only light that stays constant is the DC adapter light when its plugged in.

Message Edited by Joe33158 on 08-02-2009 04:09 AM
Student
babaata
Message 5 of 15 (14,930 Views)

Hi Everyone. 

I am afraid that main board is dead and I for one not been able to find a cure but changing the main board.

Student
kooksy
Message 6 of 15 (13,973 Views)

This exact thing has just happened to me. Looks like a general fault with this model after a period of time, not happy. Won't be buying HP again that is for sure.

Sending mine off to repair now, motherboard will have to be changed.

Student
AlexConstantino
Message 7 of 15 (11,019 Views)

Hi I had the same problem the board is not dead what so ever

First of all disconnect the main charer then remove the battery. 

Under the lapop there should be a keyboard small sign next to the screw randomly in the middle and under the battery 

remove the key board and there will be 2 ribbons on the left and 2 wires black and white (theys are the wifi antena wires) on the right. now the ribbons on the left 1 is connected to the power swirch and the other is connected to the speaker input. 

the ribbon on the far right is the source of the problem! dissconect the bootom of the ribbon (connected the the board under the keyboard) slide it out clean it and with a small skinnt flat head scrape the connecter at the bottom of the ribbon down force way very chently and clean it with a tissue.. next blow out and dust from the actual board conecter input.... 

put the ribbon back in place stick only the mains in doesnt matter if the keyboard is dissconected as we are testing and then switch it on it should power up niceely 

had the same problem with mine wouldnt turn on only flashing lishts this is due to that ribbon if it still dont work try slot it in and out while pressing the power bottn with the mains in dont worry you will not get electricuted as its low power ribbon... 

and slide it in side ways the pointy end bit of the connecter apply it in and keep messing around i garentee it will work.

did the same and it powered just fine if you still get problems try dissconect the top part of the ribbon and clean it

if you still get a problem email me thanks or buy a ribbon.

if you need help removing the keyboard messege me. 

yesalot of spelling mistakes im fast typing! 

have fun it will work if your in the uk area london email me and i can repair it 

Alex Constantinou
Student
magsy
Message 8 of 15 (10,778 Views)

hi

i have been reading your forum as my laptop is doing the same and i am trying to remove the keyboard, but it won't come out, was wondering if you could give me some advice???

Student
hampaslupa
Message 9 of 15 (9,783 Views)

hi good day, i have a problem on my f700 the monitor block out i turn power on then the CPU fan on after a second CPU fan torn off agian and again... thank you!

Honor Student
chiefamos
Message 10 of 15 (7,047 Views)

done everything you said but it still won't turn on. hard drive power light and touchpad light all come on for only about 1 second then it goes off again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation