Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Having an issue with my HP G62 laptop. The computer will power on, but the screen does not turn on, but the power on button light is blinking. The indicator light next to the charging port is red, as is the light next to the wireless button.

Thanks,

Anahit Serobyan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello AnahitSerobyan,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand the computer will not start properly and a black screen remains. I apologize for the delayed response, but I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

The document lists useful steps starting with resetting the product. More specific steps are explained depending on your issue. I believe this troubleshooting will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for further assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello AnahitSerobyan,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand the computer will not start properly and a black screen remains. I apologize for the delayed response, but I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

The document lists useful steps starting with resetting the product. More specific steps are explained depending on your issue. I believe this troubleshooting will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for further assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!!! I will try this solution, and will let you know if I have any other questions!!

Regards,

Anahit

HP Recommended

Hi!

I am using HP G62 notebook.

My screen goes power off time to time when I am doing something. Sometime, it works very well and some time just the screen goes blank and I can still here the music (If I have opened).  But I can not see anything. 

There is no pattern.  What might be the problem?

HP Recommended
My screen is black also the the power is on but the screen does not turn on
HP Recommended

Hi!

did you tried to open in safe mode ?

I have the same problem. I can open in safe mode and i can run the computer in low resolution ,by disabling one display driver.

I call to hp but they say that my display card is not working! I don't believe but no option 🙂

if you want to run your computer in low resolution, try that

-Mahesh

HP Recommended

The Radeon GPU chips in these laptops often saw their solder connections fail, partly because the G62's thermal design was a real stinker. It happened to me.  This exhibited as a temperature sensitivity: it would often boot when cold, but die after heating up.

There are videos on youtube for reflowing the connections. It's not for the clumsy or the faint of heart, but if you've got nothing to lose you could give it a try.

If it still works while cold, this won't last forever. You may be able to do a backup to an external drive while keeping it in a refrigerator.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.