Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP G62 US-340, Black screen and flashing caps lock when i power it on, And some time it comes on like it should. I tried draining all power from unit to reset and that wasn't any help. Can you help me Please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mikeyh25 

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to help!

I understand that when you start up your notebook you get a black display with no error messages,but you see the Caps Lock light flashing.

Here is a link to assist you.  Computer does not start and the LEDs blink or the computer beeps.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mikeyh25 

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to help!

I understand that when you start up your notebook you get a black display with no error messages,but you see the Caps Lock light flashing.

Here is a link to assist you.  Computer does not start and the LEDs blink or the computer beeps.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you Sparkles ! for your help. A+++

HP Recommended

your link will not open? This is a well know issues with HP are they ever going to do anything about it.

Would it be possible to get a new mother board with the same problem?

Thank you

Donna

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.