Question

Top Student
Joeym
Message 1 of 2 (1,833 Views)

HP G70 Won't power on

I left my laptop on last night as it was doing something (On a hard wooden floor) and a small half glass of coke got spilt undernieth it, when i woke up the laptop was still on, so i shut it down after cleaning the coke up, and put it on the puffy, and now it won't turn on at all. The charge light on the side comes on, but the light on the front doesn't, no fan sounds or power button lights flash or anything when the power button is pressed.

Help anyone?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (1,820 Views)

Re: HP G70 Won't power on

Hi,

Joeym wrote:

I left my laptop on last night as it was doing something (On a hard wooden floor) and a small half glass of coke got spilt undernieth it, when i woke up the laptop was still on, so i shut it down after cleaning the coke up, and put it on the puffy, and now it won't turn on at all. The charge light on the side comes on, but the light on the front doesn't, no fan sounds or power button lights flash or anything when the power button is pressed.

Help anyone?

If it was still on and working when you woke up...you might be lucky. What is a "Puffy"?

Coke is laden with sugar. If any got inside the laptop you do have a big problem.

The first step is to remove the battery.

Unless you are familiar with laptop disassembly...I suggest that you wait a few days for it to dry and try turning it on again with the ac adapter only .

If no success then try a hard reset.

with battery and ac adapter removed..press and hold the power button for fifteen seconds the plug in the AC adapter and try booting into Windows.

If that doesn't work then either an HP Service Center or a Laptop repair shop can let you know what the damage is ($$) before they repair it. 

I love my Coca-Cola too, but it can produce wicked results when spilled on a laptop (even just on the keyboard!)

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation