Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi ...

i want to ask if i upgrade my current DDR2 memory in my HDX-16 what is the MAX memory speed can buy for this model?

Thanks in advance !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As indicated, it uses  DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz RAM stick. Given higher speed RAM works, but installing higher speed RAM won't make the machine run faster because you have a fast car but using a freeway with speed limit and the laws even put a brake on your car.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many models and they support 8Gb. Please use the following link:

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/HP-memory/HP+HDX-models.html

You can buy from them (they guaranty) or use the information to buy elsewhere. Please note: Windows 32bit won't access over 4Gb.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi...

I know 32bit windows can't recongize more than 3gb ram

but my question was for memory speed.

which DDR2 max speed of memory can recongize my laptop

HDX16-1050EV?  

now is 4gb DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz...

Thanks in advance !!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

As indicated, it uses  DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz RAM stick. Given higher speed RAM works, but installing higher speed RAM won't make the machine run faster because you have a fast car but using a freeway with speed limit and the laws even put a brake on your car.

Regards.

BH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.