Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same Problem.

Drivers will be found for Network Device, Module Aplication and Modul PC UI, but not for NMEA with the Huawei-Release.

HP-Support has a new Driver for this Modul, but it dosn´t works. The Divice-Manager find no Driver.

When delivered, only the entry network was in Device Manager, but it worked only EDGE and 3G. In LTE reception, the connection immediately broke off again.

HP Recommended

Hi, have you solved your issue?

Got the same problem. Lost connection when using LTE (4G).

Edge and UMTS is working. Looks like a problem with the driver.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi All.

I have done a COMPLETE reinstall of my OS over this issue and can not believe that once the drivers are installed, this happens again.  Clearly this is something around a Windows Update and the driver itself.  Here are the steps I have taken on reinstall: 

1. Took a complete System Backup Image so could revert back...
  2. Reboot...
  3. Install OS, on reboot LTE comes up fine
  4. Run every windows update, LTE still okay
  5. Install 18 HP drivers (before Gobi driver set), LTE still okay
  6. Install the Gobi drivers (latest) - LTE drivers stop completely (see attached image)
  7. Restored System Backup Image...still didnt work, but didnt expect it to.

There needs to be a solution to this that is straight forward?  Please assist!

HP Recommended

Thanks Ahmed.  This got me sorted and a guy I remotely support.

Cheers

Andrew

HP Recommended

Final fix to this issue!

Hi all

After working on this issue for what seems to be weeks, we have spent hours trying to get this to work.

Situation:

We bought ~7 of the HP 612 Pro X2 tablets for use in our enterprise enviroment.

As standard we always image our devices with our own cooperate image. Note that I feel if you use the HP OEM image it will likely work out of the box, but have not tested it as it's not a viable option for us.

Also note as someone has already mentioned in this thread, that the GOBI device is a re-branded Huawei ME906E. The instructions provided by the user ulfun in the post above are half of a solution but not really the correct solution, as you only need the HP drivers SP66243, which are the download on HP drivers website that are around 35MB, not the newer 'Gobi 4g' drivers that are 130MB+ - I did not use those.

After installing our image, and our MDT server deployed all of the drivers, the HP GOBI lt4112 device was left outstanding. I tried to install the drivers from the HP website (sp66243). As many people find, the installer does not actually install the drivers. You will still have 4 outstanding drivers for the GOBI 4G device.  We do not typically use 3G or 4G in our business so we did not worry initally.

A few days later a user came back to us that wanted to use the 3G function.

As we knew we could not get the drivers to install we called HP and logged a case - HP spent hours remoting onto the tablet and re-installing the drivers, with no success. In the end they sent us a system restore CD which would restore the original factory image, which is not a viable option for us.

After further searching online, I have determined the problem.

If you look in your device manager, under USB controllers/device catagory, there will be a device named 'USB Mobile Broadband device', or something similar to this (I have already updated it now so the name has changed.) One user on another forum thread mentioned it had a geman name, but for me it was just called something like 'HP Mobile Broadband USB'. You need to right click this device, and update the driver. When you update the driver, choose 'browse for drivers on my computer' and point it to the 'C:\SwSetup\SP66243' location. It should find the CORRECT driver for this device and update. The one it already has will be incorrect. The device will now be named 'USB Composite Device' and now that it works, you can go back and install the 4 outstanding GOBI drivers by choosing 'browse for drivers' and pointing to either  'C:\SwSetup\SP66243' or 'C:\program files (x86)\HP 3G Mobile Broadband' folder as we were trying before.

So in conclusion, the issue in Windows 8.1 is the driver under 'USB controller' catagory in device manager installs automatically with the wrong driver. It seems to serve some function to the GOBI devices, so you need to install the correct driver for this 'USB mobile broadband' item before the others.

Thanks all. I had to post this fix as it was causing us a lot of trouble, and hope it helps some other people.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions from Desutiem. Apparently now everything works properly with the latest drivers.

I hope it stays that way, because:

• I took a year installing / uninstalling drivers and reinstalling system (seven times)
  • The HP EMEA center has collected the laptop twice without finding fault.
  • HP services in-situ has changed the motherboard and the module twice also.

I can not fault the customer service from HP

However, they and we have believed many times that the problem was solved, until the user was on another continent and the module stopped working (sometimes affecting Wifi connections).

Last update: While writing this text, broadband has entered on state "limited connection". I restarted the computer from system recovery and now it works. But, what will happen on the next user's trip ?

HP Recommended

Like Desutiem I have used countless hours on th LT4112 module. 

I have tried two different modules because they may have at least two different firmware.

Older firmware:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: ME906E
Revision: 11.234.45.10.00

Newer firmware:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module
Revision: 12.430.19.08.00

The newer firmware is in SP66535.  BUT BE CAREFUL. If you upgrade the firmware you can't downgrade. And if the firmware upgrade fails, turn of power, remove battery and check the real firmware setting. In Win8.1 click connection icon on the right side of the taskbar. Choose connection settings on the top at click the provider for 4G/LTE. A bit down on this page you will se the firmware version.
In Win7 you have to use programs like Putty and connect to the com-port named PC UI. Send the command ATI and you will see the firmware version.
There are also newer drivers than SP66243. But after upgrading firmware first install SP66243 then SP70068.

Experience with the new firmare is that turning Mobile Broadband on I get covering really fast and LTE directly (2 sec). With older firmware and drivers it took mutch longer time and connecting to  first with UMTS, disconnecting UMTS and then connecting with LTE.  It took maybe 15-20 sec.

As I have experienced old firmware works with drivers that starts with ver.1 and new firmware only wotks with driver that start with ver. 12.  

Now back to what was/is my goal using WIn8.1 as we know have changed the use of positioning(GPS)by using API's and not like in Win7 where I get a com-port for NMEA-sentences for use with mapping sofware other than what you get in Windows Store(that use API's only)

In Win7 everything works fine with new firmware and the latest Service PackSP70068 , 4G/LTE and GPS via the NMEA com-port.
In Win8.1 everything works fine, 4G/LTE and GNSS (via API's)
But in Win8.1 I don't get the com-port, PC UI (for sending AT-command) and com-port for NMEA). The result is that I can't use mapping software needs a com-port for NMEA-sentences from the GPS-chip.
This is by design from MS :smileysad: and probably because of privacy(positioning). There are a lot of complaining about this, specially in boating forums when mapping software can'tbe used in Win8.1.

BUT!
With hours of trixing and a lot of testing and failing I got one test installation of WIN8.1 somehow working with com-ports with PC UI and NMEA. Both ports works fine and positioning with mapping software is working fine. But the GNSS-sensor test with Sensor Diagnostic Tool (found in Windows WDK pack for 8.1) only says Initialize forever even if I can see my position by using other apps like VisualGPSView on the NMEA com-port. The consequence is that Windows Store apps for positioning doesn't work.

One other experiance after all the testing I have done is that don't restart the pc only after changing drivers. Turn off the pc and boot again. This is because some parameters don't get reset on the LT4112-module if the power is not completely turned off. Initializing of the module sends a guite a few commands to the module and when rebooting only it doesn't get cleared.  I experince this with my pc and dual booting between Win7 and WIN8.1. Often the LT4112 fails starting even the same driver-pack SP70068 is installed both on WIn7 and Win8.1. When I power of completely evering works fine switching between the OS.

HP Recommended

I think the problem is solved by combining the firmware update indicated by fasst and solve problems with unknown driver as saying Desutiem.

Well, I had to update the wifi and bluetooth drivers from the Intel website. I'm not sure it was necessary but these connections were lost and needed to restart. The computer had to going on a trip and I had to bet quickly.

Finally, during the last 45 days my boss has toured Europe and America and has come today when told me that everything had gone well with connections.

I have posted a summary at my blog (Spanish): http://problemasticresueltos.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/conectividad-limitada-en-hp-lt-4142.html

HP Recommended

Hi!

I own an HP Elitepad 1000 G2 Tablet (Product number: J8Q17EA#AB9) / Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

I cannot get the integrated HP lt4112 Gobi 4G broadband module correctly installed, because I get conflicts with the tablet shutdown time / loss of sleep functionallity:

• Firstlly, when applying the device drivers from HP product site, the HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module isn't automatically installed. Using the Windows Device Manager,  I must force the installed "USB Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Module" device (in USB Controllers) and the other 4 "HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module" devices (in Other Devices) drivers to be updated searching in C:\Program Files (x86)\HP LTE Gobi 4G\Driver\Driver\X64 software folder.

• Secondlly, after I get the Mobile Broadband installed, I loose the sleep button funcionallity, also the sleep option in shutdown menu, and the tablet takes about 5 minutes to shutdown / restart, and I cannot shutdown it (because it restarts everytime).

To shutdown it I must select disable the Mobile Broadband device in Networking & Sharing Center, and right after I get the sleep funcionallity operational again.

I have tried all the adviced solutions about this problem in the forums, but I had no success:

• Tried all the HP driver versions / installing sequence
  • Tried the Huawei driver
  • Tried to update the module firmware

Windows and drivers are all up-to-date.

Can someone help me resolving this driver issue, please?

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can i use the Huawei ME906E driver for my HP Folio 1040G2?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.