Question

Honor Student
Dilsonjose
Message 1 of 9 (693 Views)

HP Laptop Failure ID explanation

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Dv6 2170us laptop and recently it has become very very slow or can say it gets stuck all the time. I have done all that i could to clean the c drive, but it didnt help at all. Later when i ran a diagnostic's it gave me the following failure ID.

Failure ID - PGFX2J-53267U-XD002J-60VE03

Product ID - WA778UA # ABA

Can somebody help me in explaining what this failure id means?? and hwat might be wrong with the laptop

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 9 (691 Views)

Re: HP Laptop Failure ID explanation

Is your notebook still in warranty?

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Dilsonjose
Message 3 of 9 (687 Views)

No, its out of warranty now.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 9 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]

Which diagnostics test did you run? Was it the memory or the hard disk test?

Have you ever run the Tune-up application in the HP Support Assistant? It is in the Maintain section.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
Dilsonjose
Message 5 of 9 (672 Views)

Hi Erico,

Thanks for your prompt replies...

Actually I ran the HP system diagnostic's which we can opt for immediately after switiching on the laptop. And i did use the Tune up application also but it didnt help me out. 

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 9 (671 Views)

Hi,

It helps if you are very specific in your answers. Answering questions in general terms about hardware or software related issues does not help at all. 

If you really want some assistance, you will have to help us help you.

Honor Student
Dilsonjose
Message 7 of 9 (667 Views)

Apologise Erico, if my earlier answer was confusing.

Actually from last week onwards i was facing issues with with my Laptop. It was getting stuck suddenly for no reason and then everything starts to run very very slow. I tried tuning up my system, did defragmentation of all the drives except C Drive as the system was not moving at all after i clicked to defragment C drive.

Lately i tried the HP diagnostic tool which we opt for by using the the delete key while switching on the machine. And after the diagnostics the system gave me the following failure ID PGFX2J-53267U-XD002J-60VE03 and requested to contact HP. But since i am out of warranty and did not know what this failure ID meant, i was totally confused.

Later i tried running the hard disk diagnostics and it also failed adding to it i tried the memory diagnostic as well and it passed. So i thought that there is some problem with the Hard disk but could not understand what it is from the failure ID. when the system is up and running i can access all the drives but the only problem is that i need to wait a long after every click. 

My system has a i5 processor with 4gb ram.

The model is HP Pavilion Dv6 2170us.

Could you please help me out in identifying what this error might be, or any other diagnostics that you would like me to run on my system.

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 9 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]

No worries.  :smileyhappy:

If you received a hard disk failure then you need to replace the hard disk to return the laptop to a useable condition. Was it the short DST or the Comprehensive test? Please run the comprehensive test again from the BIOS and post your results here.

Your replacement disk needs to be a

Serial ATA (SATA) 9.5-mm, 6.35-cm (2.50-inch) mobile (notebook) hard drive. I recommend that you keep the  replacement disk capacity below 1 TB for best compatibility and install SATA150 ( SATA) or SATA300 (SATA2) disks for the same reason. SSD hard disks are also compatible. 

Student
Dilsonjoseph
Message 9 of 9 (646 Views)

Thanks erico for the reply, i will run a comprehensive test and post the results here today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation