Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I agree with you. I will [probably never purchase another up product and will buy from Dell next time.

HP Recommended

I agree that the online recall form isn't that hard to do.   What is hard is when you have hundreds of laptops, many of which have been retired, but you still kept the power supplies and cables, then have to try to figure out serial numbers and models of laptops to go with power cords.   For big business, it would be nice to get the serial number and date code for the bad cords, then we can just send a bulk email for those and get them replaced.  

HP Recommended

As a global organization, when we receive laptops we label the ac power supply and sort the power cords by country. Our home office in the USA shipped me 80 laptops, other times I buy in the EMEA. We pull the ac cord and then issue the computer with the correct power cord for the country where we are sending the laptop. There is no way possible to track down these cords.  I need to see pictures of all the affected models of the ac cord as we will never be able to match the ac cords back to the unit it was shipped with. 

HP Recommended

HP Power Cord Recall ProgramCommercial Account Bulk Ordering and Delivery(CABODT)

Agenda

When customers do not want to advise their user base to visit the program web site at http://www.hp.com/support/powercordreplacementdirectly (which is possible for all customers –HP can assist in preparing communication)

Noinitial information required in email besides contact name and company name

There is NO needto check for power cords or any other activity prior to the engagement of CABODT

Communication TO and FROM the CABODT team in English ONLY

Simple email to regional CABODTTeam:

EMEA: HPPowerCord_EMEA.Bulk@HP.COM

AMS: HPPowerCord.AMS_Bulk@hp.com

APJ: HPPowerCord_APJ.Bulk@hp.com

HP Recommended

Has ANYONE received a replacement cord?? I requested mine on 8/27. The site stated 3-5 business days, up to 10 days for delivery. I have heard nothing & received nothing & the website continues to state "awaiting shipment". I emailed customer support & got no reply.

What is HP waiting for & why are they giving bogus timelines?? All this is doing is causing more frustration. I am fairly certain that every computer they sell is registered. I feel sorry for those of you who have multiple computers when I am frustrated in just dealing with ONE. I doubt I will ever buy an HP product again.

HP Recommended

I've just received my first box of 39 cords.  They are ALL labeled LS-15 and ALL have date codes which seem to make them questionable.  I have written to my 'contact' at HP and am awaiting a reply. 

HP Recommended

Well, I called HP this time & got a person to look into this matter.  Apparently anyone who made a replacement request on 8/27 was put in limbo & unless you CALL HP [emailing did no good], your request will not be filled.  I asked what steps HP is taking to notify those people who made a request on 8/27, about this issue & got no response.   HORRIBLE customer service.  So discouraging.

HP Recommended

This verification is a joke not a company but have a dozen laptops around, have docking stations for each series with a home power supply and one that goes in the bag when traveling  power cords get swapped, picked up extra supplies and cords from Goodwill and also e recycling stores.  So now I have to match everything up and tear all the systems  apart looking for cords that may or may not be bad and do not always have tags intact probably have over 25 cords to go through.  Like someone else said, got the  recall notice said if all these delays happen and a fire or other injury occurs HP will be responsible, the  ball is in their court and they are fumbling.

HP Recommended

Can somebody from HP maybe weigh in on the LS-15 JET LINETEK E70782 cords????     Quite a bit of our HP stuff had those... There is nothing on the Onsite Power Cord Validation Process concerning those..

HP Recommended

What do we do if we do "not" have a spare powercord.

Surely HP should send one out regardless.

I need my laptop for every day use & its HP at  fault not the customers fault..

So if i find that my power cord is to be recalled then will HP just send a new one to me so can send faulty one back ?..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.