Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an LS-03

HP Recommended

The day I recieved notice about the recal is the day my ac adaptor finaly gave up from the heat. Sometimes it would get so hot I couldn't touch it. Well, it's done. I just got my new cord and tried it - no dice. Sure am glad the heat source is repaired but the damage is done. It seems HP took the easy out on this one.

HP Recommended

Alrighty - just went through the whole powercord verification process, and it says mine is not included.  However, it's always heating up - so hot, in fact, that we keep it on a asorbastone coasters type hot pad in order to keep from further melting the table.  I was so happy to see they were being recalled finally, only to have it say - yes, all your info matches, but you can't exchange yours.  Any further assistance would be greatly appeciated.  Thank  you.

HP Recommended

I only happened upon this recall notice when I went to the forum to post a question about my faulty wireless adapter.  I never usually go to the forum so otherwise would never have found out that my power cord was one affected!  It would have been more responsible for all customers to have been notified by email about this serious problem - perhaps a note added to one of their frequent emails trying to sell me something?

HP Recommended

I came home to the smell of hot plastic the other day, and my laptop seemed dead.

After trials and tribulations, I dug out my spare battery, which still has some charge .... and ... huzzah, the laptop comes to life.  But the battery is not charging.  No power is getting to the laptop at all.

I tried swapping power cords with my Envy - same form factor, and then the Envy gets no power and neither does my DV7.

So it looks like my power brick has been bricked 😞

Why oh WHY couldn't HP have sent email about the power cord issue?!  I could have stopped using it three weeks ago, and probably been fine...

I was told when I called in that the power cords were NOT swappable, and that everything would be just fine when I got the new cord.  I am highly skeptical.

I don't *know* that the power cord killed the brick, but the smell I encountered in my office sure made me suspicious.  I suppose my next step is to find another DV7 and see if I can get mine to charge with that supply and/or if my power brick charges the other one.  *sigh* *grumble*

Not the happiest camper.

HP Recommended

I have a HP laptop and just received notification about the cord today. I had some very bad experiences with Dell and now HP. Where to go next?

HP Recommended

This has been going on since August and I just now received an e-mail.  What took so long?

I have 2 LS-15 cords but I don't know what devices they came with, or even if I have that device.  Can HP identify a bad cord?  We are replacing cords not adapters or computers.

I cannot fill out the application correctly and even if I did the captcha thing never works right.

HP Recommended

I was told *explicitly* when I called and asked "why so slow on notifying" that they believed only a few models were affected - specifically that my DV7 Pavillion, which has one of the bad cords, was not likely to be impacted.

So they didn't send mail. <rant deleted>

Thanks, HP.

HP Recommended

@Very-clueless wrote:

I can't tell what year my power cord was made.  I bought laptop in summer 2013.  Where is that information?  Why is HP making this so hard?

I agree.  We have about thousands of employees.  Do they have any idea how many work-hours it takes to check the date on every single cord?

Just doing a replacement on every LS-15 would be easier on the customers. 

HP Recommended

Irony of ironies... the replacement cord that showed up is also an LS-15.  I guess it is from a "good" batch, but it would have been lovely if they changed the designation....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.