Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Got my replacement power cord, and the laptop will no longer charge.  It essentialy functions like a desktop now as it will power on when plugged in, but the battery does not charge with the new cable. 

HP is making it this much easier to not use them again.

HP Recommended

I ordered my replacement cord online on 8/28/14 and have yet to receive my replacement. I had to call into the 1-877-219-6676 first thing this morning whenever they started answering calls and got a person on the phone right away. He apoligized for the wait and had me verify my laptop's serial number and re-ordered my power cord again. As one other poster commented, those of us who ordered on 8/27/14 or 8/28/14 such as myself have been stuck in limbo and those orders will never be filled unless you call in and have it re-ordered for you. Their hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm MST. I hope this post will help others to avoid waiting forever!

HP Recommended

There are some questions about the new cords.

The replacement cords will have a green dot on them.

Capture.JPG

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

What I found interesting is they're replacing the LS-15 power cord with the LS-15 power cord. I already submitted and received my replacement order and was a bit surprised to see the exact same power cord in the package. I've found though it still runs hot especially at the power adapter which is the thing that's always run extremely hot on any HP laptop I've ever owned and leads me to believe this fire and burn issue isn't the power cord but rather HP's faulty power adapters.

HP Recommended

Hi jboogieman81,

I am an HP customer as well as an employee. I too had a cord that needed to be replaced. I too recieved a replacement cord that was LS-15.

The green dot on the sticker will let you know that you have the replacment cord. 

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

It is my understanding that the bad cords come from a certain time period of manufacture and do not include all LS-15 Model Cords.  The power cords in question can be identified by BOTH Model Number (LS-15) AND the date code from when it was manufactured.  These are 2010, 2011 and 2012. 

Affected or BAD ranges (2010 to 2012) ONLY in this recall scope:

3210-5210 for 2010

0111-5311 for 2011

0112-0812 for 2012

You can decifer the date code at the end of the bar coded tag by WWYY where WW is the Week number and the YY is the year.  In the photo posted above, the date code is Week 18 Year 14 (or 2014) so even though it is an LS-15 Model, it does NOT fall inot the recall group and is therefore good. 

HP Recommended

I can't tell what year my power cord was made.  I bought laptop in summer 2013.  Where is that information?  Why is HP making this so hard?

HP Recommended

It's not hard.  Look at the photo Siobhan posted above.  See the 4 digit number BELOW the green dot?  That's the Week/year code.  Use the chart Iposted to check your cord. 

Don't have a label with a date code?  ANY LS-15 cord without a date code on it, will be replaced.  (As far as I know.)

HP Recommended

not the power cord plm is the laptop plm must be a fan that got over heat

HP Recommended

Unfortunately like many others I have had issues with this recall.  I submitted a request two weeks ago (9/8) and quickly received an order email, status "Awaiting Shipment".  I checked last week, no change, and so I sent an email using the website.  Of course I have received no response, because apparently no one checks that email (or it's broken/non-existent like the emails referenced earlier in this thread).  I decided to try the phone number today.  I called, and someone immediately answered the phone (reassuring).  However, she told me there was nothing she could do, and all she had access to was the same website I was using, and could only see "Awaiting Shipment" for my order and could offer no other details. 

Really?  So two weeks in, and I've been told by HP not to use my power cord because it is unsafe.  Can I buy a new cord and bill HP?  Even worse, apparently absolutely no customer support that can make a difference or even let me know what's going on.  I can understand if supplies are low, 5.5 million is a lot of cords, but maybe a little communication would be nice.

Maybe someone can at least update Power Cord Replacement FAQ #16, since 10 business days with no change in status (my current situation) is pushing the HP self-imposed  limits:

Capture.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.