Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

LAHPUser,

Now just to confirm when you say the computer has been restarted are you referring to that you completely reset the computer back to original factory settings?

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

My HP envy touch screen is 10 months old and I have had two mice die. The first one lost the on off swith from using it, They told me after this happened that I did not have to turn it off but hey, there is a battery in there! The second one lost the left side finger control. I notice a lot of other people have had prblems with that. The wireless keyboard has to match the mouse so it has to be replaced as a set.  As I bought a total protection plan from Future shop, they replaced it each time no problem. However, the last time they gave me what I understand to be a new HP keyboard and mouse . It was the worst peice of crap I have ever seen! They keyboard letters were unreadable for glare in all kinds of light, they looked like they were press- on lettering. The mouse was shaped like a clunky chunk of semicircle, not the least bit ergonomic. It was admitedly fast and new but oh my god, My husband has never learned to touch type so he could not use it at all! I went back to the store and they took an old keyboard and mouse from another machine to give to us. Thankyou, but now what happens when this one wears out. Give your head a shake HP and start asking your designers to use the products you sell! And by the way, when I emailed you over two weeks ago, no one responded. I spent over 2 grand on your products and would certainly think twice about buying HP again.

HP Recommended

Well, I've got the most recent driver AND a BIOS version beyond what http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-115745-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en... says, and I STILL have this problem.  
And I'm heartily sick of it.  There is NO way to recover from this problem except to power cycle the computer or wait until this laptop gets over its snit.  And this is not the only kind of snit this laptop gets into, either.  Sometimes it just blares a horrible grating buzz and refuses to respond to anything.  I've lost a lot of time and work to this defective product and spent a lot of time searching the web for a fix and not found one.  This is really not something that I can tolerate on a laptop that I depend on to do work.  I think a quick, comprehensive and permanent solution is what's called for.  

HP Recommended

Hello everyone!  

I just got an email on the latest post and came to see what was happening.  I have had my laptop for a year and a half, and occasionally still have the left mouse button issue.  I have not checked the forum, because, at least for me, I found a temporary fix without having to recycle the machine.

When the mouse button appears to be not working, I simply doble tap with two fingers on the touchpad, and the botton starts working again.  It is a bit annoying when it happens, but the frustration level came WAY DOWN when I discovered the "trick" to get it to work again.  Hope that helps you guys!

Regards,

dll_guate

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip -- I'll keep it in mind the next time this happens (which should be in, oh, about an hour, when I've got a presentation...yay...)

HP Recommended

can anyone please help me my curser has started freezing over the past couple of month's and my left button only works a little and I have no sound coming from my computer.I thought by updating to 8.1 would held but it has not got any better I have tried system restore I have even done a factory reset also my charms won't come out when I point it to the corner any more either I have to press windows key+C to get my charm's. it is a HP pavilion 15-e097sa Notebook PC

HP Recommended

On my laptop I can use the keyboard and move the mouse arrow but cannot click with the nouse arrow.  I can only do that by touching the screen.  I also cannot get the screen keyboard.  I looked at my driver and it is up to date.

HP Recommended

To resolve this issue for myself I had to completely uninstall the synaptics touchpad and completly remove the software as well by clicking the check in the box when uninstalling.  Then reboot and reinstall the driver pack for this model be sure the driver pack is the reccomended on for your OS. Reboot and this issue may or maynot resolve your issue, it did in my case. 

HP Recommended

Also if removing the software from device manager dont work, install the driver pack and browse swsetup folder on the cdrive until you find the folder keyboard and open it. Then open synaptics and run the setup or uninstaller then reboot and run the setup to reinstall the device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.