HP Mini 100-1010CA Canada -- access blue keys on keyboard?? (9574 Views)
Honor Student
Waterdown
Message 1 of 6 (9,574 Views)

HP Mini 100-1010CA Canada -- access blue keys on keyboard??

New HP Mini purchased in Canada. Ordinary keyboard config except it has several special characters denoted in blue. Nowhere in manuals does it explain how to access these. Suspect language/keyboard settings may not be correct. Any suggestions? thx.
Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 6 (9,558 Views)

Re: HP Mini 100-1010CA Canada -- access blue keys on keyboard??

use together with the blue FN key (next to lower left CTRL)?
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Waterdown
Message 3 of 6 (9,547 Views)

Hi Charles -- The blue function key is kind of what I would have expected to find somewhere on the keyboard, but alas there is none. There is a grey fn key and several corresponding special keys that work with it. However, the grey fn key does not work with the special blue characters -- at least not with my present language selection.
Student
N_A_D_I_A
Message 4 of 6 (8,653 Views)

Hey! i had the exact same problem and it was driving me insane. and the fn button was useless. here's what i did and it worked perfectly:

press Ctrl + Shift + Shift at the same time,

it should solve the problem. hope this helps =) 

Student
AChase75
Message 5 of 6 (5,415 Views)

Thank you Thank you!! After much searching....Thank you. Its all fixed for me... :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Waterdown
Message 6 of 6 (5,406 Views)

Thanks for the Ctrl-Shift-Shift. That combination switches between keyboard settings that are active for the netbook. On the Canadian Multilingual Standard some of those blue keys work, but some of them don't. So I'm still thinking my keyboard settings are not correct. Is someone able to confirm what keyboard settings you have where this is working for you?

You can access this information via Control Panel -- Regional and Language Options -- Languages tab -- Details button. From there you will see a list including the default language when the computer starts up, as well as any additional languages set up.

many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation